Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami most likely to hold on to Rosen

I'm wondering if you're being sarcastic here.
Because asking why a former top 10 QB, that still a baby in the NFL, on a ridiculiously cheap contract has value has to be a joke.

His draft status means little to me. His tape speaks volumes though. Never impressed never cared for him as a "prospect".

Sarcasm? Nope.

What is he gonna do? Be inactive on game days behind the rookie and Fitz?

Actually yes, that is a distinct possibility, initially at least.

Most rookie QBs would be better served, in the long run, if they sat for a year.

Many teams don't have that luxury when taking a QB in the top of the draft.

Miami, on the other hand, is set up perfectly to let a guy sit and learn for a while.

Okay...so if they draft Tua you think they make him #2 QB?

Fitz and Tua would be your QBs. I dont know what happens to Rosen. Feel like Rosen wouldn't actually mind being a 3rd stringer. He gives off that vibe so maybe it works out.

His draft status means little to me. His tape speaks volumes though. Never impressed never cared for him as a "prospect".

Sarcasm? Nope.

Even with his "tape" speaking to where he is now.
If you can't see value at this stage then there's nothing for us to talk about.

I'm not a fan of giving up on babies just because they aren't great at the moment.
Especially, When your team has nothing in the cubbarts.

Rosen being on the roster hurts nothing..

If we draft Tua then it makes sense to keep Rosen as the back up QB while Tua gets back to 100% healthy and we know that the OL can actually protect him before we put him out there. If we draft Herbert then I can see them trading Rosen tho.

He just turned 23 like two weeks ago.

Obviously not making an on field comparison, but he's younger than Joe Burrow who will be turning 24 later this year.

Who gives up on a 23 year old QB that cost you nothing?
I'm honestly trying to understand the posters position.
He doesn't hurt you by being on the roster, You don't have anyone else and He's getting an opportunity to sit and learn.

What's the down-side here?

He just turned 23 like two weeks ago.

Obviously not making an on field comparison, but he's younger than Joe Burrow who will be turning 24 later this year.

Age doesnt matter to me either. His professional status is he will be entering year 3. His draft status also doesnt matter to me.

As much as I disliked Tannehill, I was far happier to roll with him than draft Rosen.

Just dont see him being on this team after we draft a QB. What is he gonna do? Be inactive on game days behind the rookie and Fitz?

If we draft Tua, it's possible his recovery from the hip injury pushes out the time he's able to play. In that scenario, it might make sense to put Tua on the PUP, and have him return mid-season if he's able. There's also a possibility that Tua is red-shirted the entire season.

Even with his "tape" speaking to where he is now.
If you can't see value at this stage then there's nothing for us to talk about.

I'm not a fan of giving up on babies just because they aren't great at the moment.
Especially, When your team has nothing in the cubbarts.

Rosen being on the roster hurts nothing..

Agree. There is nothing to talk about. I am not one to fall over myself for underwhelming pet projects.

Just because he is a Dolphin, doesnt mean he gets the blind loyalty he garners from many here. He hasn't earned it. And watching Murray in Arizona grow and prove his worth with a majority of the same oline, just deepens my conviction on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom