Miami New Times - Tannehill Can't Afford To Lose Another Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami New Times - Tannehill Can't Afford To Lose Another Game

VBCheeseGrater

Not Quite A Shredder
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill Can't Afford to Lose Another Game If He Wants to Return Next Season

An 11-5 season and a hot streak seem like the only thing that can save Tannehill. Otherwise, this is it. Starting this Sunday in Indy, he is playing out the final six games of his Dolphins career. He's done. The sample size on his career is more than enough to make a decision.

I mostly agree with this, although i'd argue a loss would be acceptable provided it's not a true stinker and the playoffs still happen. Otherwise, it's just not going to work here. That's not to say he won't succeed somewhere else - but if he can't put this team on his back to close out 2018, then he will need a change of scenery and we will need a change of starting QB, thus officially ending a sometimes promising, and often disappointing era. I still recall thinking "Finally a QB that can THROW the ball again!" back in 2012.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/...n-the-against-the-indianapolis-colts-10930821

I don't believe that kind of statement is fair to Ryan -- although he's making MILLIONS! I don't think even his most loyal cultists believe he's the type of player that can CARRY a team to victory based on his "dominance" on the field. He's a "gamer," and at best the type of dude you can build a complimentary O around. Has Gase done that?

I'm glad he's back in place of Osweiler, but i don't think he comes close to finishing out the season. Injury or benched, something is going to happen.

While I think the article is right in that it is time to move on and find a replacement for RT.....I don't agree that it is 6-0 to finish out the year or he is gone. I can easily see a scenario where RT is around next year and then gone in 2020. I also don't see the Fins going 6-0 to finish out the season based on a number of other issues.....mainly on defense.

I seriously doubt that Bridgewater is going to be available. Tyrod Taylor is not an upgrade over RT (not sure Bridgewater is either...when was the last time he played?) so what exactly do we gain in that scenario? The only reason I would consider that is due to health reasons, otherwise, keep RT for 2019 and draft his replacement in 2020 when the projected crop of QB's coming out are said to be much stronger.

Ryan Tannehill Can't Afford to Lose Another Game If He Wants to Return Next Season

I mostly agree with this, although i'd argue a loss would be acceptable provided it's not a true stinker and the playoffs still happen. Otherwise, it's just not going to work here. That's not to say he won't succeed somewhere else - but if he can't put this team on his back to close out 2018, then he will need a change of scenery and we will need a change of starting QB, thus officially ending a sometimes promising, and often disappointing era. I still recall thinking "Finally a QB that can THROW the ball again!" back in 2012.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/...n-the-against-the-indianapolis-colts-10930821

Why Tannehill only? If it's a fair expectation for him, surely every QB better than he is should go 6-0, right? They are better, their team is better, their OC is better, their HC is better

I love when people that have never once sat in a meeting at the headquarters make statements with certainty about what the organization is thinking and going to decide on a particular situation.

For Ryan's sake i hope he is traded. To a team that will use him right so he can experience success.

So he has to go 9 and 2 as a starter this season otherwise he’s gone according to that article.

That’s so off and rediculous it doesn’t even warrant discussion.

Back
Top Bottom