Miami New Times - Tannehill Can't Afford To Lose Another Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami New Times - Tannehill Can't Afford To Lose Another Game

TBH, I think all Tannehill has to do to keep his spot is start the last 6 games without injury issues...

Do you think we will see a limited playbook today given RT's injured shoulder?
You mean lots of WR screens and dump offs short of the sticks on 3rd down? Tons of Fg's that just leave you behind when clock runs out because the Colts score Tds? If so then yes...Very Limited

What you will NOT see is offensive efficiency and the chains moving more than 3 - 4 yds at a time

TBH, I think all Tannehill has to do to keep his spot is start the last 6 games without injury issues...

This is probably more accurate than 6-0. Still need a veteran for next year. All it would mean is another year like this one, and the last one, and the one before and.... ad nauseum.

I don't believe that kind of statement is fair to Ryan -- although he's making MILLIONS! I don't think even his most loyal cultists believe he's the type of player that can CARRY a team to victory based on his "dominance" on the field. He's a "gamer," and at best the type of dude you can build a complimentary O around. Has Gase done that?

He’s way overpaid for the type of player you just described.
RT is more Jason Garrett than Troy Aikman, more Gary Kubiak than John Elway.
He would be a very good backup for a contender.

I'm glad he's back in place of Osweiler, but i don't think he comes close to finishing out the season. Injury or benched, something is going to happen.
I agree. It's just a gut feeling but I think he's going to get hurt again trying to run for a first down.

4-2 with a playoff birth would do the trick, if we do not make the playoffs then anything can happen with Tannehill, all just my opinion. The Colts game however is a must win looking at tie breakers with them down the line. We can lose some games just not today vs. the Colts.

I don’t think he may even need to do that. Although the type and extent of the injury could play into it.

Winning is all that matters that's the way it has always been, sorry but players come and go. We control our own destiny anything can happen and quite frankly it needs to happen for Tannehill.

Going 6-0 is a little unfair considering that we also have a D who has to play along.

Personally here is what I want to see:
- I do not accept any excuses anymore. None of this the receivers suck, receivers are injured. None of this the OL sucks, OL is hurt. We all evaluate other QBs (in the recent past Osweiler) based on the QBs play. The depleted OL or depleted receiving corps was not once uttered on this board in the last few weeks. Not from the Osweiler "lovers", not from the Osweiler "haters" and for sure not from that group who has a man crush on Ryan. No more excuses.

- My expectations are higher now. No more of this 200 yard, 1 or 2 TD, 1 INT BS game and an offensive output of less than 20 points per game. If he has one of these games I expect another 2 or 3 TDs through the rushing game. I am expecting an offense which will move the ball consistently. As simple as that. None of this safe pass BS anymore on 3rd and long. Throw for the god dam sticks.

- Tannehill is playing the most important position on offense and it is his job to lead this offense to points and not worry about individual stats.

- None of this he is rusty and needs 5-6 games to get in sync.

In reality though it really doesn't matter how he plays. If a coach becomes a stat adjuster and says that Tannehill's stats were great in the first three games I have my doubts about a coach's objectivity and what matters most. In reality Tannehill can gimp along with his 200 yards per game and the offense can score 15-20 points per game and all is good in the land of Gase as long as the stats look "great".

No matter what happens in the next 6 games Tannehill's job is secure. Gase will make sure of that.

Back
Top Bottom