Miami Trading 20th pick to Arizona for Leonard Davis? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Trading 20th pick to Arizona for Leonard Davis?

Originally posted by LIQUID24
It's possible/likely that his final year will be voided. Most 1st round rookies sign 5-year deals.

I don't know about possible/likely voided years. But the spikes in year 2003 and 2007 are very intentional to force revaluation of the contract to the player's performance.

Seems like in 2003 the cap room and his performance matched.

Don't know much about him but if he can block as good as u guys say he can I say go for it. That would solve the problem, hed be able to start and dominate right away, plowing through guys for ricky.

I've said it all along, my whole thing is this year but since this guy is young its like a bonus.

I say its like drafting someone, but not having to wait for him to get up to speed and he can start for years unlike if we were to bring in a veteran, ala tait.

Im big on andrews but this deal would be the best for the team and thats all I care about.

Originally posted by Boomer
When I said he was in his contract year, what I meant was that his contract will need to be re-done and Denny Green has talked abouttrading him or re-doing that original deal at seasons end.

O.K. I understand. So Green thinks he's good just not worth top five money??? With the salaries so high I took a look at the Franchise and Transition numbers.

1 Jonathan Ogden..OL..BR...$8,360,714

2 Larry Allen..OL..DC...........$8,060,999

3 Brad Hopkins..OL..TT....... $6,616,666

4 Leonard Davis..OL..AC...$6,232,249

5 Ruben Brown..OL..BB........$5,836,000

Average of the top 5...........$7,021,000

These are Cap Charge numbers for these players for 2003 for 2004 purposes.

http://www.nflpa.org/Media/main.asp?subPage=Franchise+and+Transition+Numbers

Something is wrong with Davis' salary information. Can't have a base salary ($6.7 million) larger than a cap charge amount ($6.2 million) that includes the signing bonus pro-ration. First time I've caught the NFLPA in a discrepancy.

http://www.nflpa.org/members/playerProfile.asp?ID=30096

Last edited by a moderator:
im sure if the deal was done rick would make sure that the contract would be beneficial to us thats why im not worried about the money part of it.

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
im sure if the deal was done rick would make sure that the contract would be beneficial to us thats why im not worried about the money part of it.

I understand but unless there are problems like David Boston had the money usually tells the story. The Cardinals were about $8 million under the cap on 3/17/04 and Boomer thinks Davis is worth acquiring by trade. They paid the $6 million in 2003 and his salary is going down by $2 million for 2004.

So if the club has the cap room and the player is playing well, he is not going anywhere this year. Expect much more noise in 2006 when his salary jumps up to $7 million unless he restructures before then.

Back
Top Bottom