MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!!

DolFinatic718 said:
Like that hasn't been done around here. Just not on a public stage like Mcnab. That is understandable, if you want to draft a player that is available and your team doesnt, the fans have a right to voice their opinions.

That is totally different but thanks for the clip.

If you have been to philly then you would know what I am talking about, I dont care about what happen on that draft day.

I really wasn't making any point in particular in that last post. Just love that clip. :D

But still, I can't remember us ever booing our top pick like that. Heck, we haven't had a whiff of an elite prospect like that in decades.

I love that clip because it amplifies ignorance. Philly drafted a highly regarded QB with the#2 pick and they booed it/him mercilessly. It's like my grandmother always told me....."It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt". ;)

That's the thing about big market teams with "passionate" fans. They boo more often than the "unsupportive" ones. Just because they have an opinion...and voice it loudly....doesn't mean they aren't negative or better fans. It just means they're obnoxious.

NY and Philly fans boo as much as anyone. Every time we visit the Meadowlands lately, we hear the boos. And we heard them vs the Giants. Hell, the stadium was near empty during the 4th quarter of the Monday Night Massacre.

Still, I'll take our fans over Philly's any day of the week. I don't want a courtroom underneath our stadium. I don't want to be a part of a fanbase who cheers for paralysis on the field. I just want a winner.

DolFinatic718 said:
A home Eagle's game is 10x louder then any home dolphins game. When sports analyst ask where is one of the worst most intimidating (because of the crowd) places to play, you will NEVER get the answer Pro Player Stadium.

I agree that many fans in attendance don't do their jobs. I get angry myself when I attend games. But the design of our stadium doesn't help either. The open air (outward) design dissapates noise.

I also hear that Lincoln Financial isn't nearly as loud as the Vet was, just as Invesco isn't nearly as loud as Mile High was. I will note up front that I have only read Muck's last two posts, so please accept my apology if that was brought up...

What a day when Pro Player Stadium will be regarded as the most fearful, loudest stadium for opposing teams. Watching the games on t.v when the teams do bad I hear the boos louder then cheers for when the team does good.

Hey maybe Miami needs more "rude" fans to liven up the place

Ross said:
Every year you hear about Fin's games in danger of being blacked out in Miami...

--Ross

I dont recall a game being blacked out since the playoff game in 2001 (I think that was the year)

DolFinatic718 said:
I'm am in no way a baseball fan but I do enjoy how the Yanks seem to pull it off every year

The Yankee's spend I think 70 million dollars more than the nearest team....there is absolutely no reason they should ever lose. "Seem to pull it off"? Like they had some extreme obstacle to overcome?

Typical new yorker. Get off your high horse.

Muck said:
What bothers me is the amount of threads that aren't much more than redundant waste of space. I mean, I could lump about 15 threads together here and make one gigantic "<insert name/title here> thread (unfortunately I can only log on at night these days, so it's useless for me to tackle the mountain of threads/posts sometimes).

Anyway, I think all the "realism" tends to be a buzzkill sometimes. Now I'm choosing my words carefully here. As an Admin, I do not want to give the impression that dissenting opinion is unwelcome here, because that is 100% not true. I'm just speaking as a fellow poster on this site. Call me a homer. Call me whatever you like. I just tire of the "realism" sometimes. And I feel some could temper it a bit.

By the same token, people shouldn't be bashed for not agreeing with the status quo. The lack of respect we seem to have for one another at times is disappointing. So that's something we can work on.

It's one thing to present yourself and your opinion in a coherent, respectable manner, But it's another to flail your arms about and hurl insults at the coach, players, organization, or your fellow posters. That gets you no respect. And it all but assures that the reader will disregard the valid points in your post.

Ok, I'll get off my little off topic soapbox now.

I may be way off base here but what you seem to be referring to are the individual personalities of the people posting and your preference for one over the other?

I was mildly surprised when I read this.

I don't give a crap about the Dolphins fans who think poorly of everything we do. If you're a true fan, you stick to this team through anything, like me. Let us all hop on the Dolphin bandwagon. The true fans need to stick together

DolFinatic718 said:
Yea you are really smart, you have alot of nerve to call anybody a "idiot". Go back to school and learn how to summarize what you read. If you read my original post, which I know you did, nothing in it was about:

1. Attendance
2. Rudeness at a game
3. or fights

Careful with trying to turn something around that you don't understand.
You might end up looking like an idiot. :D

Yap first listen or read later ( a habit NY'ers are well known for) seems to be in affect here.
While I know it would crush your rather sizeable ego to think someone would respond to someone elses post in this thead but...... I wasn't responding to you! You can go back to your mirror and continue staring!
I responded to another poster that if YOU had read brought up rudeness of fans. In response to his post it was a valid response. Further more, if fan behavior is an attribute of fans then it is a valid point when discussing what makes good or bad fans. I think that would make it a valid subject for this whole thread..... Am I going to fast for you here?

DolFinatic718 said:
Yet you wasted your pointless time in posting about how eagle fans are the worst fans for this reason.

Everyone posting in response to your thread including myself are wasting time on you.

DolFinatic718 said:
But the point I was making was more about this site and the threads some people choose to post and just some things I have observed in my short time here.

BS.
To quote yourself.... "I dont appreciate the ones looking for attention so they post nonsense"

THIS IS YOU PAL!

You have no point. You came here for attention. It's the only reason you'd sign in to a site where fans go to discuss strenghts and weaknesses about their team and call out the fans themselves stating they are the worst. Your intention here is obvious. Yes there are a few fans on here that sign in and post nothing but negative. You get that at EVERY team site. Most fans are here to discuss their team objectively though. If the majority of people on this site were bad fans then they would'nt waste their time coming here and discussing the team. That thought ever cross your mind for a fleeting moment?????? :goof:

You think NY fans are sooooo much better at supporting their treams? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Go to Gangreen.com and read some posts there!

You bring up Yankee fans as good fans. :roflmao:

You mean the same ones that hissed at giambi for half of last year becuase he was in a slump? A known superstar and they are hissing at him 1 month into the season!
How about Alex Rodriguez another known superstar. He's already been boo'ed at many home games because he started off the year slow.

Yeah, there's some real positive hometown support there. :roflmao: :roflmao:

You've had your 2 minutes of fame on a message board.
Congrats
Now go back to your mirror and leave us horrible fans be. :D

DolFinatic718 said:
Hey maybe Miami needs more "rude" fans to liven up the place

We have plenty of them.
They wear green jerseys with Jets on them.
You should pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom