Miami's DC Search | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's DC Search

I’m not opposed to hiring Weaver. I just don’t know anything about him except he was the DC of the Texans for one year and he has done a decent job with the Ravens.

I do find it interesting they promoted Orr instead of Weaver to be their next DC. Especially since Weaver has the title of assistant head coach along with being the defensive line coach.
Orr didn't interview for any HC options while Weaver did. That's telling as well.

My issue?
If the Dolphins choose Weaver.
If he does well.
He will be interviewing for a HC role this time next year and the Dolphins will be looking for year another DC.
Staley for me. But there again what do I know?
All NFL teams, especially the good ones, face that problem, it's the standard.

Orr didn't interview for any HC options while Weaver did. That's telling as well.
I’m not sure what that tells us. Weaver wasn’t hired as a HC and the Ravens had the time to wait and see if he was hired before deciding to promote Orr to their DC position.

Harbaugh obviously preferred to promote Orr and not Weaver but that doesn’t mean Weaver won’t end up being
a good selection as the Dolphins DC.

The 2020 Houston Texans with Weaver as their DC was ranked 30th of 32 defenses. Hopefully that was because of the lack of talent on Houston’s defense and not because Weaver was a bad DC. We just have to wait and see how the hiring of Weaver turns out.

Back
Top Bottom