Miami's DC Search | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's DC Search

With the other candidates being former HCs, I think Greer didnt want any confident coaches that might threathen McD if the team struggles next year. They settled for a lesser experienced guy. I hope he brings the Raven attitude, toughness, and accountability. I hope it is a good match and helps the overall effort.

With the other candidates being former HCs, I think Greer didnt want any confident coaches that might threathen McD if the team struggles next year. They settled for a lesser experienced guy. I hope he brings the Raven attitude, toughness, and accountability. I hope it is a good match and helps the overall effort.
You do know he interviewed for a couple of HC positions this year right?

Stupid narrative

It may have worked the other way brother as some coaches might have looked at the job as it could be trouble if they are successful from the jump and not know thing the future for Coach McDaniel and GM Grier. :ffic:

Is he going to be surprised when he finds out that Miami is NOT even close to being as good as Baltimore when it comes to having a vision shared by everyone and knowing what they want in a player (or a coach) and knowing how to get them without going into salary cap purgatory. The Ravens are a tough, physical team and I'm jealous, because Miami keeps wanting to be a finesse team.
The Dolphins had a very good run defense, ranked 7th in the league and higher rated than the Ravens run defense. They were the third highest ranked defense in sacks for the 2023 season.

There is absolutely nothing about finesse when it comes to stopping the run or sacking the QB. The fact is the Dolphins were a top 5 defense before suffering injuries to their top pass rushers, their starting ILB and injuries to Holland and Howard.

The fact some posters view the Dolphins defense as a finesse defense and not a tough, physical defense just isn’t backed up by the stats or the play of the Dolphins defense during the season when they had their starters on the field.

Such a stale narrative.

we were very good at running the ball and stopping the run have to give credit where it’s due, those are not signs of finesse
I'll stop thinking of Miami as finesse when they decide to finally build a tough, physically dominating o-line. And when McDaniel stops getting all fancy and cute with his playcalls, such as his habit late in the season of wanting to throw the ball on 3rd or 4th and short instead of running it. Or how about having an o-line and QB who could convert a QB sneak. Injuries or not, if your o-line keeps getting manhandled by tough d-lines that pressure the QB by rushing only 3 or 4 guys, then your offense is weak.

The Dolphins had a very good run defense, ranked 7th in the league and higher rated than the Ravens run defense. They were the third highest ranked defense in sacks for the 2023 season.

There is absolutely nothing about finesse when it comes to stopping the run or sacking the QB. The fact is the Dolphins were a top 5 defense before suffering injuries to their top pass rushers, their starting ILB and injuries to Holland and Howard.

The fact some posters view the Dolphins defense as a finesse defense and not a tough, physical defense just isn’t backed up by the stats or the play of the Dolphins defense during the season when they had their starters on the field.
Agree our D was getting better and Fang would have made them even better in year 2. The injuries were brutal. Physicality was fine imo as was heart, I saw no let down. LB and DB play can and hopefully will improve, too many third and longs converted but like I said we were decimated. Aggressive linebacking, a playmaker would elevate this D

In my defense, I view Miami as being finesse because of McDaniel's offense and weak o-line. When his offense can pound the ball up the middle and play smashmouth, I may change my mind. Those weaklings can't even run a QB sneak!

I know the defense has been tougher than the offense, but I didn't like Fangio at all.

In my defense, I view Miami as being finesse because of McDaniel's offense and weak o-line. When his offense can pound the ball up the middle and play smashmouth, I may change my mind. Those weaklings can't even run a QB sneak!

I know the defense has been tougher than the offense, but I didn't like Fangio at all.
The oline that was injured most of the year?

Some of you need perspective.

Back
Top Bottom