Miami's DC Search | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's DC Search

Now that the problem with defensive coordinator has been solved let's move on to special teams. 🐻
They released the assistant special teams coach after the season but it appears McDaniel is sticking with Crossman as the special team coach.

Hopefully they hire a better assistant special teams coach if McDaniel thinks he was the issue and not Crossman.

They released the assistant special teams coach after the season but it appears McDaniel is sticking with Crossman as the special team coach.

Hopefully they hire a better assistant special teams coach if McDaniel thinks he was the issue and not Crossman.
I'm with you there

I really don’t blame the players for that much, especially this narrative that we’re not a tough team.

I never saw the quit, I saw them ooorly coaches at times especially on defense
I did too and that fell on Fangio I thought we really had a chance with him

I really don’t blame the players for that much, especially this narrative that we’re not a tough team.

I never saw the quit, I saw them poorly coached at times especially on defense
I just wonder what some posters watched.

I’m not sure what that tells us. Weaver wasn’t hired as a HC and the Ravens had the time to wait and see if he was hired before deciding to promote Orr to their DC position.

Harbaugh obviously preferred to promote Orr and not Weaver but that doesn’t mean Weaver won’t end up being
a good selection as the Dolphins DC.

The 2020 Houston Texans with Weaver as their DC was ranked 30th of 32 defenses. Hopefully that was because of the lack of talent on Houston’s defense and not because Weaver was a bad DC. We just have to wait and see how the hiring of Weaver turns out.
The Texans were a tanking team then

Is he going to be surprised when he finds out that Miami is NOT even close to being as good as Baltimore when it comes to having a vision shared by everyone and knowing what they want in a player (or a coach) and knowing how to get them without going into salary cap purgatory. The Ravens are a tough, physical team and I'm jealous, because Miami keeps wanting to be a finesse team.

Brother DJ how many defensive coaches do you think stay? :ffic:
first time def coordinator pretty much except the one year on a interim basis in Houston, I would say most likely he will retain most of the staff, maybe 1 or two guys will join him imo

Is he going to be surprised when he finds out that Miami is NOT even close to being as good as Baltimore when it comes to having a vision shared by everyone and knowing what they want in a player (or a coach) and knowing how to get them without going into salary cap purgatory. The Ravens are a tough, physical team and I'm jealous, because Miami keeps wanting to be a finesse team.
Such a stale narrative.

Hopefully Weaver is the guy, but we don't know much about him other than a few players like him and may follow

we were very good at running the ball and stopping the run have to give credit where it’s due, those are not signs of finesse

Back
Top Bottom