Well here let's say O-Gun does go and we get a 1st for him

1-Andrew Walters QB
2(trade down)-Chris Snee G
3- Jason Shivers S
3- Pick acquired- Jason Babin DE
4- Samie Parker WR
6- Decory Bryant CB
7- Chad Pugh DT

Franchise QB for us. Immediate starter G who could drop to the second as G's do often. Shivers a replacement if we cut Marion or even for Freeman now at FS. Jason Babin, could immediately help us at DE. Samie Parker playmaking 5-11 180 guy. Pats have alot of those guys, they always step up big. Decory Bryant, a CB we can raise to be our future #2 or atleast #3. He would immediately replace Fletcher at dime back. In the 7th we take a good NT, who could help us in our rotation, and give Bowens some breaks. May one day replace Bowens even if we keep this same scheme.

I believe it's a little early to be picking out who we're gonna be getting and where.

Why not you guys just keep speculating who we should try to get. Am I not being fare?

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
we gave up the second for Wade Smith, he's a starter. you can't ask for much more from the pick.

Only beacause of injury, so that doenst count. He really should still be on the bench.

He is developing still. Give him until next year and he will be 315 and much more experienced.

Originally posted by Jaj
Why not you guys just keep speculating who we should try to get. Am I not being fare?

No, the difference is after combine workouts and personal workouts the place these players go will vary greatly. Torrin Tucker a Guard from Southern Miss. was projected as a second to third round guy this point last season. He played poorly, had an attitude and character issues come up, then went undrafted completely.

Second, Walters is a Junior who if he's smart will not come out this year. He's played very poorly for a bad team, and makes bizzare (to be nice) decisions. If he comes out he certainly will not sniff the first round.

Plus, many of the players you suggest we take are not as good as many other players who would be available at the spots you have us taking some of them.

I meant too early for mock drafts, not FA talk.

I meant too early for mock drafts, not FA talk.
No, that's your opinion. It's never too early for mock drafts.

No Chambers is never too early to predict what players you want a team to target. But it's too early to make a mock draft that is going to be anywhere near accurate and why are you picking a fight with me anyway?

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

Only beacause of injury, so that doenst count. He really should still be on the bench.

How does it not count? He played well enough to keep the job, Wanny said it himself when Dixon came back tehy were either going to shift him to Guard or keep him as a swing backup tackle.

So yes, we did get a starter for the team. Besides that, many players are drafted with an eye toward the future and that's exactly what happened here. The injury forced him in too early, but aren't you glad we picked him instead of another player and then had someone even worse than Smith at LT right now?

I will agree that we should have shored up the position with a veteran backup, but we didn't. Now we have to play the hand we're dealt.

Yeremiah Bell starting at FS?

With the free safety spot open next year if Marion leaves, could Bell have a chance at getting the job?
I remember the draft this year when we took him and I was reading up on him and I learned he was projected 1st rounder until he blew out his knee at Eastern Kentucky.
So if he gets his knee healed, could be like Ogunleye (projected 1st rd,blew out his knee, went undrafted, we sign him and he becomes a really great player) and be a steal?

why are you picking a fight with me anyway?

How am I picking a fight with you by saying that it's never too early to make mock drafts?

It's NEVER too early for mock drafts. If you're concerned with accuracy, ok. But mock drafts are fun. Chill out man. :cool:

Also, Phillip Rivers is looking damn good tonight. I hope everybody passes on him, because I'd love to have him on my team.

I also found it interesting when the commentators noted that the great Norm Chow chose NOT to change Rivers' mechanics. Chow said, "The ball gets there on time. I'm not changing anything". Maybe he took the Jackie Sherrill approach. Or maybe he was just lazy and didn't want to start over with the kid. Judging from Chow's history, I'd say the former before the latter.

Granted, I haven't watched Rivers closely (just casually watching the game itself). So I didn't notice all the negatives and positives in his game. But he does hold that ball low. However, Rivers has shown some nice pocket awareness and pretty good mobility. And he sports a really quick release. He reads the defense. He reads the blitz. He's big, strong, and really smart. Arm looks strong enough. Very accurate. He's got those "intagibles". Rivers has simply made play after play tonight. And he's doing it with a very banged up left ankle.

Rivers looks like a winner to me. I was seriously impressed. Anyone who watched tonight's game likely feels the same. Heck, Marino had unorthodox mechanics. But he did have superior footwork and pocket awareness. Perhaps Rivers' awareness and intangibles will compensate for the reportedly suspect mechanics.

I think there are things that can be fixed in his mechanics without changing him completely. Like the way he drops back or where he holds the ball. His release. Fine leave it the way it is. Keep him on the bench for a year with spot appearances and then mid-way the second year he might just take over.

Lee Evans had 10 recs, 258 yds, 5 TDs. :eek:

With that ACL from last year sure to worry teams, he might be available to us later. :) I figure we'd need a 2nd rounder.

He is going late 1st I think with his good workouts to come. He is worth it there.

Back
Top Bottom