Miami's Main Competition for #1 Overall Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Main Competition for #1 Overall Pick

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami may end up with the worst season in NFL history, securing the number one overall pick. But who are the other contenders. Here's a short list.....

New York Jets
Watching them on Monday night, the defense was pretty good. The offensive, Adam Gase's specialty, looked terrible. The offensive line is really a mess. Obviously, they were without Darnold. But this looks like a team that could be in the 2-4 win range.

Arizona Cardinals
The Cardinals played competitively against Baltimore and Kyler Murray has played well. That division is tough, though, with four games against Seattle and Los Angeles. Plus SF is off to a fast start. I could see 5-11.

New York Giants
They've already pulled Eli Manning. The Giants can run the ball so they could be in a lot of games. Tough division with Dallas and Philadelphia.

Cincinnati
This could actually be Miami's biggest contender. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals went 0-6 in their division.

Tampa Bay
Their talent level is better than some of these teams on the list, but I'm not sold on Winston at qb.

Others???

Miami may end up with the worst season in NFL history, securing the number one overall pick. But who are the other contenders. Here's a short list.....

New York Jets
Watching them on Monday night, the defense was pretty good. The offensive, Adam Gase's specialty, looked terrible. The offensive line is really a mess. Obviously, they were without Darnold. But this looks like a team that could be in the 2-4 win range.

Arizona Cardinals
The Cardinals played competitively against Baltimore and Kyler Murray has played well. That division is tough, though, with four games against Seattle and Los Angeles. Plus SF is off to a fast start. I could see 5-11.

New York Giants
They've already pulled Eli Manning. The Giants can run the ball so they could be in a lot of games. Tough division with Dallas and Philadelphia.

Cincinnati
This could actually be Miami's biggest contender. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals went 0-6 in their division.

Tampa Bay
Their talent level is better than some of these teams on the list, but I'm not sold on Winston at qb.

Others???

Out of that list I'd say Cincy.

You summed it up perfectly. The good thing is three of those teams on that list ( Arizona, and both NY teams) will not be looking to draft qb's. I would add Washington to the list. They could go either way on selecting a QB next year.

I don't see Pittsburgh winning more than 5-6 games. But, if they get desperate enough to sign Kaepernick than I see potentially a winning record. Hurting Miami's draft position.

Pittsburgh, Washington, Jacksonville,
We own Pittsburgh's 1st rounder...they can tank...please.

Arizona is not a threat. They've been in both games and already have a tie (so they can't go 5-11).

Cincy is a threat. We play them for what could be the 1st pick.

Jags also a threat. You would have to think if they only have one or two wins in week 11 when Foles is eligible to come back they may just keep him on IR and play out the season for the highest pick possible.

Washington and the Giants may split but any tie we end up in could be bad news due to SOS.

Tampa Bay is not a threat...especially with Brees hurt when they face NO. They could win 5 or 6 this year. Arians is a good coach.

Jets are a threat but I think Gase will want his revenge...like he did last year against Denver when he was coaching us. I think they sweep us.

You summed it up perfectly. The good thing is three of those teams on that list ( Arizona, and both NY teams) will not be looking to draft qb's. I would add Washington to the list. They could go either way on selecting a QB next year.
But they'll be looking to trade!!! That's the scary part.

If we don't get the first overall pick the team that does may trade the pick to a QB hungry team for a Kings ransomed.Screwing us in the process.

But they'll be looking to trade!!! That's the scary part.
To the highest bidder and if it's the Jets, what's the likelihood they would trade to a division rival? Not likely.

It will also cost a lot of this draft capital to move up should it come to that. Slowing down the rebuild.

Pittsburgh don’t seem to have many weapons on offense. It doesn’t look good.

They have some quality players. Conner is a good back, Schuster and Washington real deep threats, and Switzer should be a good slot man. I'm mostly curious to see how they adjust to playing with someone other than big Ben. Hes such a unique player that anyone else will be a real contrast in style.

Cincy does look like the closest competition but Dalton is always good for a few monster games. I'm sure things will stabilize a bit but its hard to see this Miami team beating anyone at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom