Miami's Non All-Time Roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Non All-Time Roster

RB- Laurence Phillips, Bobby Humphrey, Aaron Craver
CB- Jamar Fletcher

Hey Garo Yepremian was a good kicker for us...solid and reliable,,,,,I would put Ray Lucas on the QB list. All 1st team NON-All time QB.

gofins said:
Certainly does not deserve to be in this catagory.

Feeley=8 starts(11 games) with 191 completions(53.7%) for 1893 yards(5.32 yards per attempt) and 11 TDs/ 15 INTs.

Ray Lucas=6 starts(7 games) w/ 92 completions(57.5%) for 1045 yards(6.53 YPA) and 4 TDs/ 6 INTs.

So, who is the worst QB as a starter in the past decade?

I think Terry Cousins was a great nickel corner for us. He wasn't asked to be a starter, in the nickel role he performed well.

PhiNomina said:
I think Terry Cousins was a great nickel corner for us. He wasn't asked to be a starter, in the nickel role he performed well.

Your suppose to pick the worse Dophin per position...

Offense

QB-Ray Flucas (cost us home field in the playoffs)
RB-Cecil Collins (cost Marino his last chance at a ring)
FB-Stanley Pritchett (did we really release Keith Byars for him???)
WR-Yatil Green (did he ever play?), Larry Shannon ("better than Moss"), Tony Martin (played well for anyone but us)
TE-Troy Drayton (Strong as an ox, but played like its hind quarters)
OT-Billy Milner (1st round "gem" we later traded for Drayton)
OG-Taylor Whitney (hair due didn't work for the Boz either)
C-Mckinney (sweaty crack spoiled shotgun for Feeley)

Defense

DE-John Bosa, Eric Kumerow (More first round steals)
DT-Mike Golic (he played alright but his lack of intellegence when reporting on the fins deserves recognition)
LB-Jackie Shipp, Chris Singleton, Aubrey Beavers (a collective resume' of crap)
CB-Don Mcneal (alright he was ok, but cost us a SB for poor tackling), JB Brown, Vestee jackson (late round losers)
S-Stewart and Atkins-(started a turnover/big play diet before the carb one)

cecil collins would have been good he was a hard runner. but had to go break into someons house and now in jail.
huard wasn't bad he won games for us when marino went down just he had a few bad games when the whole team sucked w/ fiedler.

mitchell and feidler were okay sort of
mitchell was highly praised after backing up dan
also sammie smith wasnt THAT bad, he was just suppost to be way better

john avery was way worse
and ray lucas is the only person who should be in contention for all worst team

Waterboy said:
Your suppose to pick the worse Dophin per position...

I was responding to someone else having Cousins on his list. I should've quoted them sorry for the confusion.

PhiNomina said:

I agree. I hated to lose Cousins. So far that's the one name I quarrel with the most.

ih8brady said:
QB: AJ Feeley
RB: JJ Johnson
FB: Rob Konrad
WR: James Mcknight
TE: Troy Drayton
OL: James Brown,
DL: Derrius Underwood, Jay Williams
LB: Derrick Rodgers, Robert Jones
DB: Terry Cousin, Jerry Wilson, Ben Kelly

:shakeno: Another Feeley hater. How about giving him a whole year with a better line, RB, and O-Coordinator, before you put him on that list.

dolfanmark said:
QB- Dan McGwire, Guy Benjamin
RB- John Avery, JJ Johnson, Lorenzo Hampton, Sammie Smith, Stan Winfrey
OL- Eddie Blake, Billy Milner, Andrew Greene
WR- Fred Barnett, Randall Hill, Larry Shannon, Yatil Green
DL- Eric Kumerow, Don Reese, Mike Charles
LB- Jackie Shipp, Aubrey Beavers, Jay Brophy, Rick Graf
DB- Dorian Brew, Ben Kelly, Kirk Pointer

Now that's the most pathetic, i.e. best, list so far. All high pick busts or semi-busts. I damn near forgot about Jay Brophy. He went to my high school and I couldn't believe he was so high on NFL scouting lists. Almost no athletic ability whatsoever. Then WE take him, and much higher than anyone projects.

I'll try a quick starting lineup:

QB: Guy Benjamin (note: people forget he was the first attempt to groom behind Griese, when Griese reached 33 years old. Our first pick albeit 2nd round. Such an unathletic weak armed stiff we were thrilled with Woodley two years later)

RB: John Avery, J.J. Johnson
WR: James McKnight, James Pruitt, Derrius Thompson (sorry, one catch notwithstanding, I think he sucks beyond belief)
TE: None stand out to me as brutal. I guess Loaird McCreary was the highest pick bust. He had leg problems, as I recall.
C: Grey Reugamer
G: Andrew Greene, Eddie Blake, Jeff Toews
T: Billy Milner, Daryl Carlton

DT: Chuck Klingbeil, Mike Kadish
DE: Eric Kumerow, Don Reese
LB: Jay Brophy, Rick Graf, Aubrey Beavers (Shipp tried his damndest, just not instinctive. About as instinctive as trading a trio of 3rd rounders to get him)
DB: Dorian Brew, Jerry Wilson, Ben Kelly, Bryant Salter

Kicker: Mike Michel
Punter: Tom Orosz

ih8brady said:
Feeley=8 starts(11 games) with 191 completions(53.7%) for 1893 yards(5.32 yards per attempt) and 11 TDs/ 15 INTs.

Ray Lucas=6 starts(7 games) w/ 92 completions(57.5%) for 1045 yards(6.53 YPA) and 4 TDs/ 6 INTs.

So, who is the worst QB as a starter in the past decade?

Better RB behind Lucas, more expierienced O-line in front of Lucas, MUCH better O-Coordinator creating (and most of the time calling) the plays for Lucas. Feeley does not belong there....simple as that

RB: Ricky Williams

Seriously, this is the only guy you all ever had that just pissed me completely off and we never had an answer for him.

Back
Top Bottom