Miami's reported combine interviews | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's reported combine interviews

like reid and sutton not interested in federowicz at all...would be a bad pick imo

Of the Large TE's I like Niklas over C.J. Both came in pretty big today

CJ is a decent old-school TE. His upside is Fasano-like, imo. Good all-rounder who can be a healthy part of a committe offense but not a matchup problem.

Reid I've looked at a few times and - esp considering he's in a lower level league - he never jumps off the screen at me. I can appreciate he's got a nice all-round game, but I don't see special at all. He's looking like a mid rounder at the latest - I could get Justin Ellis or someone like that for similar or less. I might even get Easley for similar.

Sutton seems to be dropping into nice value range, so he's a consideration depending where you take him. But I've said it before, I see him late off the snap a lot. And he's not the patient, mongoose type that Carradine was last year. He needs to use explosiveness to get to the QB - not good if you leave the platform late.

So, basically, this news underwhelms me distinctly. It's like Jeffy never left. Footsoldiers all.

CJ is a decent old-school TE. His upside is Fasano-like, imo. Good all-rounder who can be a healthy part of a committe offense but not a matchup problem.

Reid I've looked at a few times and - esp considering he's in a lower level league - he never jumps off the screen at me. I can appreciate he's got a nice all-round game, but I don't see special at all. He's looking like a mid rounder at the latest - I could get Justin Ellis or someone like that for similar or less. I might even get Easley for similar.

Sutton seems to be dropping into nice value range, so he's a consideration depending where you take him. But I've said it before, I see him late off the snap a lot. And he's not the patient, mongoose type that Carradine was last year. He needs to use explosiveness to get to the QB - not good if you leave the platform late.

So, basically, this news underwhelms me distinctly. It's like Jeffy never left. Footsoldiers all.

bang on with fedorowicz...bang on...what the hell do we need that for when they want to give dion sims snaps and expect him to develop as an in line blocker...he's not terrible it just does us no good...we need to complement what we have at tight end get a true size down the seam early win flex guy with large catch radius...not some low upside in line guy who will work the underneath and a soft zone...i already got that in dion sims...it would be a waste pick and a struggle to find snaps for one...

reid i have yet to review tape but hes got some explosive qualities...sutton odd to compare with carradine don;t even play the same position...if u want to see explosive off the snap and downright wrecker look at his 2012 tape when he was max 290...he flat wrecked people and when he got in the back field he finished...no interior dt pass rusher was more of a straight assassine recently than will sutton in 2012...he's carrying bad weight a spare tire even if he comes to the combine south of 300 and he can play at 285 or 290 for ya you got something...miami though i see playing a 4 man nickle pass down front of wake odrick vernon and jordan so i don't know that they will value a initial nickle rush dt undersized as much...when they have their front already set up...might be hard to find snaps...and if no snaps well no bang for your buck

depends on if they get solia back as to what they will value in a dt imo...

bang on with fedorowicz...bang on...what the hell do we need that for when they want to give dion sims snaps and expect him to develop as an in line blocker...he's not terrible it just does us no good...we need to complement what we have at tight end get a true size down the seam early win flex guy with large catch radius...not some low upside in line guy who will work the underneath and a soft zone...i already got that in dion sims...it would be a waste pick and a struggle to find snaps for one...

reid i have yet to review tape but hes got some explosive qualities...sutton odd to compare with carradine don;t even play the same position...if u want to see explosive off the snap and downright wrecker look at his 2012 tape when he was max 290...he flat wrecked people and when he got in the back field he finished...no interior dt pass rusher was more of a straight assassine recently than will sutton in 2012...he's carrying bad weight a spare tire even if he comes to the combine south of 300 and he can play at 285 or 290 for ya you got something...miami though i see playing a 4 man nickle pass down front of wake odrick vernon and jordan so i don't know that they will value a initial nickle rush dt undersized as much...when they have their front already set up...might be hard to find snaps...and if no snaps well no bang for your buck

depends on if they get solia back as to what they will value in a dt imo...

What I meant by Carradine is that being patient off the snap is part of his game. Some d-linemen are like that. Upshaw was like that to an extent. Sutton is not slow off the snap to be patient, he's just slow off the snap. Maybe it is just conditioning, maybe not. Sutton in the first is a bad pick, imo. Sutton in the second is OK, Sutton in the third is starting to look like pretty good value.

I don't think CJ is that big a step up from sims. Sims is a good blocker just like CJ, and is a much better route runner znd has good hands. CJ is just bigger, more athletic, but I havnt seen anything to suggest he can do anything sims can't.

Unles were going after ebron, Niklas, or ASJ, I don't see any reason to grab a TE. And whether people want to acknowledge it or not, our needs at oline and the run game in general, are pretty damn serious. Imo it takes a pretty damn good player to fall for us to pass on any position that doesn't improve the run game.

What I meant by Carradine is that being patient off the snap is part of his game. Some d-linemen are like that. Upshaw was like that to an extent. Sutton is not slow off the snap to be patient, he's just slow off the snap. Maybe it is just conditioning, maybe not. Sutton in the first is a bad pick, imo. Sutton in the second is OK, Sutton in the third is starting to look like pretty good value.

he wasn't slow off the ball at 285-290 i can tell ya that...yeah upshaw is definitely like that...i don't like that either...

it just depends on the weight for me as to what suttons value really is...

i don't see the value in asj either even though he would be a serious upgrade to dion sims...they are essentially in line guys...although asj has some red zone win and can definitely work down the field with more effectiveness...better prospect for sure...

bottom line is i think they like sims enough as a primary in line guy where they want to see how he develops before they supplement his role...adding another guy like that despite the talent upgrade makes ones snaps become much harder to find...there's not enough snaps in this offense for two of that guy

I hate Sims but if I'm looking for a body or two to win in the middle/endzone, I'm looking at Gibson coming back and a maybe big receiver like Binns coming back or Martavis Bryant, rather than going for a seam threat TE early in the draft. Ebron at 19 might force me to change my mind - I'd be intrigued at the least.

One interesting kid is Richard Rodgers of Cal in the later rounds as a flex win guy. Ditch Miller and Keller of the TE group and maybe take a flyer on him. Najvar of Baylor could be more than he was used as in college too.

gibby will work the horizontal routes mathews the more vertical from the slot but yeah if i'm looking tight end anywhere in this draft for us i'm looking flex and seam with large catch radius and size

Any thoughts on niklas hoops?

Any thoughts on niklas hoops?

i havent looked enough yet to really say...what i have seen i do like i just think he's very raw...might have to wait on a return...not sure i see a guy that comes in and helps you from the get go

more raw than his notre dame predecessors at tight end as prospects...more learning curve

Added Tre Mason to the list.

nice

quick suggestion, maybe add the key from the website to original post so people understand the SR / COM designation and that not all those guys have interviewed at combine.

thanks for all the info/updates on draft prospects!

Ka'Deem Carey and Logan Thomas also interviewed

Thomas may be worth a look as a developmental qb

I'd be cool drafting Carey

Don't forget those Senior Bowl interviews were before Hickey was hired.

Back
Top Bottom