Miami's reported combine interviews | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's reported combine interviews

you think new England will be looking for a TE?

I could see Bill Lazor loving Ka'Deem Carey. That would make great sense.

I could see Bill Lazor loving Ka'Deem Carey. That would make great sense.

Carey compares his running style to a mix between McCoy and Peterson. He's not as fast as either (or doesn't look to be, to me), but he does run like a more physical McCoy. Going into this, I have him as the 2nd best back in the draft.

rumors are they're flat out obsessed with finding a compliment for a healthy Gronk. Of course, they were convinced Zach Sudfield was that.

Lol I said COULD be, and not till late.

I don't know if NE actually thought that, or if the media, while taking a break from taking bellicheks nuts out of the mouth, decided to hype Zack up because he a Patriot, despite the fact none of them knew a god damn thing about him.

I've said it before, but I'm not a fan of the TE's in this draft. ASJ and Niklas have the size I like but ASJ isn't fast enough to be marquee and has some injury issue that's even preventing him from running. Niklas is big but not fast and simply too raw for me.

Ebron and Lyerla have the athleticism, but both are small, Ebron is a sure-fire first rounder (not interested in him in the first round), and Lyerla is a druggie with all kinds of off the field issues and questionable work ethic and intelligence ... but Lyerla is the most athletic TE in this draft and possibly the most athletically gifted athlete in this draft. There's a good chance he goes undrafted because he's such a knucklehead.

If Trace Amaro drops into the 2nd round (highly unlikely), I'd be interested, or if ASJ drops to the 3rd I'd be interested ... but it doesn't look like we'll be drafting a TE this year. The talent just doesn't match up with what our scheme demands and it's not as big of a position of need as LT, RT, LG, RG, or even possibly C.

Lazor likes big TE's and he uses them well. These TE's under 6'5 probably aren't high on his list.

IMHO, we missed the ideal guy last year in Tyler Eifert. Zack Ertz was the other guy that made a lot of sense under Sherman ... but he also might be a little small for Lazor's taste.

I've said it before, but I'm not a fan of the TE's in this draft. ASJ and Niklas have the size I like but ASJ isn't fast enough to be marquee and has some injury issue that's even preventing him from running. Niklas is big but not fast and simply too raw for me.

Ebron and Lyerla have the athleticism, but both are small, Ebron is a sure-fire first rounder (not interested in him in the first round), and Lyerla is a druggie with all kinds of off the field issues and questionable work ethic and intelligence ... but Lyerla is the most athletic TE in this draft and possibly the most athletically gifted athlete in this draft. There's a good chance he goes undrafted because he's such a knucklehead.

If Trace Amaro drops into the 2nd round (highly unlikely), I'd be interested, or if ASJ drops to the 3rd I'd be interested ... but it doesn't look like we'll be drafting a TE this year. The talent just doesn't match up with what our scheme demands and it's not as big of a position of need as LT, RT, LG, RG, or even possibly C.

Lazor likes big TE's and he uses them well. These TE's under 6'5 probably aren't high on his list.

IMHO, we missed the ideal guy last year in Tyler Eifert. Zack Ertz was the other guy that made a lot of sense under Sherman ... but he also might be a little small for Lazor's taste.

But Lazor came from the team that has Ertz and used him a lot. I'd say Lazor likes guys that he can split out wide (and from what I've seen of him calling plays at UVA, he does do that) and can do different things. I think Clay will do well in the system, but we need more.

Logan Thomas sucked last year, but he is interesting to me.

Zach Mettenberger and Aaron Murray interest me. Two QB's at the end of the spectrum in terms of height. Both battle tested. I loved the way Mettenberger improved this season under former friend Cam Cameron.

Zach Mettenberger and Aaron Murray interest me. Two QB's at the end of the spectrum in terms of height. Both battle tested. I loved the way Mettenberger improved this season under former friend Cam Cameron.

Mettenberger is 6'5, how is that on the low spectrum of height? Anyways I agree with you that we should look to one of these two as Moore's replacement.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I agree with you that we should look to one of these two as Moore's replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom