Miami's reported combine interviews | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's reported combine interviews

Please Dolphins don't try to be cute here, just interview top five OL and then move on to others. Just as Chubby said, we can't hide our needs, without Olinemen we are a 500 club.

lol what is there to tip? The world knows we need OL. We should be talking to every OL and any other prospect that even thought about playing OL.

They do know we need lineman but we also have John Benton who was with Houston and they had a knack for finding late round O-lineman which are the more difficult ones to find. Everyone knows who the top lineman are...there's nothing to hide there. It's those guys that come after the 4th round that we can't tip our hand on. Houston has one starter drafted in the 1st round and that's their LT. The LG was a free agent signing, the center was an undrafted rookie signed 9 years ago, the RG was a 3rd round pick and the RT was a 7th round pick.

Why do we need to know who they're interested in?

lol what is there to tip? The world knows we need OL. We should be talking to every OL and any other prospect that even thought about playing OL.
or......they could be f**king with the other 31 teams with the positions outside of ol, instead of indicating who they really want at those positions they interviewed.

Possibly hoping the players they truely want slide to them at those slots. As you said, Miami of all teams is probably the most obvious of teams who we probably know the main focus of personnel improvement at certain (OL!) positions.....

or Hickey could be incredibly ignorant and clueless???.......lol

I've said it before, but I'm not a fan of the TE's in this draft. ASJ and Niklas have the size I like but ASJ isn't fast enough to be marquee and has some injury issue that's even preventing him from running. Niklas is big but not fast and simply too raw for me.

Ebron and Lyerla have the athleticism, but both are small, Ebron is a sure-fire first rounder (not interested in him in the first round), and Lyerla is a druggie with all kinds of off the field issues and questionable work ethic and intelligence ... but Lyerla is the most athletic TE in this draft and possibly the most athletically gifted athlete in this draft. There's a good chance he goes undrafted because he's such a knucklehead.

If Trace Amaro drops into the 2nd round (highly unlikely), I'd be interested, or if ASJ drops to the 3rd I'd be interested ... but it doesn't look like we'll be drafting a TE this year. The talent just doesn't match up with what our scheme demands and it's not as big of a position of need as LT, RT, LG, RG, or even possibly C.

Lazor likes big TE's and he uses them well. These TE's under 6'5 probably aren't high on his list.

IMHO, we missed the ideal guy last year in Tyler Eifert. Zack Ertz was the other guy that made a lot of sense under Sherman ... but he also might be a little small for Lazor's taste.

But Ertz is incredibly talented and he actually is 6'5. I had been saying that all last offseason. He was one of 2 marqee TE's I identified. And, he was the biggest and best TE with which Lazor had to work at Philly. Yes, he was always going to use him because that's what he had. But, when looking to get a new TE, he's going to go for a 6'5-6'8 guy who can tower over the defenders in the red zone. That can both block and catch. He uses those type guys as well as RB's catching out of the backfield. These are some of the things I like about him ... he sets up his offense to take whatever the defense gives. Any weakness can be exploited. Tall TE's can catch over the middle ... even when they are slow, it just takes a better pass and surer hands in traffic. Speed TE's cannot separate well deep in the red zone. Lazor prefers big TE's and that's a large part of why.

Will he use Clay? ... sure. But that's not his ideal. He is looking for a bigger TE. The question is whether one will be available. I just don't see any good options in this draft. ASJ and Niklas being the closest, but neither is as fast as he'd like.

For what its worth, The kid from colorado Gilmore is jumping up to late 2nd round early 3rd round. I think he made some money at the Senior Bowl and just what little I saw today catching balls downfield, he has more ability deep. The high ball he caught over the middle at Senior Bowl was impressive.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

I taped yesterdays combine

that's way too rich for my blood...

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Here is a list of players I've gathered that met with the #Dolphins
Logan Thomas QB

Tre Mason RB
Ka'Deem Carey RB
Dave Fluellen RB

Donte Moncrief WR

CJ Fierdorowicz TE

Kharri Fortt LB

Kareem Martin DE

let's hope this is just mostly due diligence

Khairi Fortt is a value pick for linebacker. Had a tumultuous college career in terms of school/coaching changes, which derailed his progress a bit, but no doubting he's a talent available at a stage in the draft that can only be called high value. Not convinced about his instincts, which is a pretty big open question for a LB, but my impression is that he has decent instincts but doesn't trust them enough. Could maybe be a consideration for Will backer after a season of coaching up.

Still think we should draft a guy to play straight away and I like Mosley and Smallwood in that order. Plus also like Jake Doughty of Utah St as a 7th rounder/UDFA.

Khairi Fortt is a value pick for linebacker. Had a tumultuous college career in terms of school/coaching changes, which derailed his progress a bit, but no doubting he's a talent available at a stage in the draft that can only be called high value. Not convinced about his instincts, which is a pretty big open question for a LB, but my impression is that he has decent instincts but doesn't trust them enough. Could maybe be a consideration for Will backer after a season of coaching up.

Still think we should draft a guy to play straight away and I like Mosley and Smallwood in that order. Plus also like Jake Doughty of Utah St as a 7th rounder/UDFA.

Smallwood wouldn't be a bad pickup...at first I didn't think much of him but the more games I watched of his the more I liked. He plays faster than Ellerbe that's for sure.

that's way too rich for my blood...

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

let's hope this is just mostly due diligence

I'd love to snag both Moncrief and Carey. Would also be good with Mason and Fiedorowicz - depending on the round and who else is on the board.

Fortt made a mistake in leaving Penn State if he wanted to be a pro prospect. Can't blame him after the Sandusky scandal and sanctions but Rob Vanderlinden was one of the best LB coaches in the country, and Fortt would have been the most athletic LB for the past 2 years in a good front 7. A better phrase may be, going to Cal was a bad decision

Back
Top Bottom