Miami's Secondary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Secondary

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The cast and crew at NFL Network just ranked Miami's cornerback tandem third in the NFL. With Howard and Jones that could definitely be a tremendous duo and the strength of the team.

The Dolphins do need to add a safety and I expect the team could do that fairly early in the draft.

The cast and crew at NFL Network just ranked Miami's cornerback tandem third in the NFL. With Howard and Jones that could definitely be a tremendous duo and the strength of the team.

The Dolphins do need to add a safety and I expect the team could do that fairly early in the draft.
Out of curiosity, who did they rank ahead?

If they hit on a first round S, it will be the best secondary in the game.

Howard has to stay healthy though.

These pass rushers will be buying their CBs gift by seasons end the way QBs typically do when they have a stellar OL.

Clowney should’ve been drooling at the thought of having Howard/Jones behind him.

now If we get any sort of pass rush we could be scary
I have no doubt that Flo will figure out how to get pressure.

If we are able to put these two on the field, it opens up a lot of possibilities for Flo to scheme, and confuse the hell out of opposing coordinators/QBs.

I like their CB’s but it still won’t surprise me if Howard is traded if the Dolphins move up in the draft. The Lions traded away their best CB and getting Howard and the Dolphins 5th pick and possibly a second round pick would probably be enough for the Dolphins to move up to 3 if they want to.

I would rather keep Howard and stay at 5. Yet if Grier is dead set on drafting the QB he wants, he might decide that trading up is the only way to assure he gets that QB if the Redskins don’t draft that QB at 2.

If they hit on a first round S, it will be the best secondary in the game.

Howard has to stay healthy though.

These pass rushers will be buying their CBs gift by seasons end the way QBs typically do when they have a stellar OL.

Clowney should’ve been drooling at the thought of having Howard/Jones behind him.
McKinney and Winfield are huge early possibilities. McKinney maybe at #18 or #26. Winfield around #39.

I like their CB’s but it still won’t surprise me if Howard is traded if the Dolphins move up in the draft. The Lions traded away their best CB and getting Howard and the Dolphins 5th pick and possibly a second round pick would probably be enough for the Dolphins to move up to 3 if they want to.

I would rather keep Howard and stay at 5. Yet if Grier is dead set on drafting the QB he wants, he might decide that trading up is the only way to assure he gets that QB if the Redskins don’t draft that QB at 2.
Good point, but definitely agree. I'd rather see Miami keep Howard and trade picks if necessary.

Are you saying Howard+5+ a 2nd round pick just to move from 5 to 3? There's no way I'd do that. If we want to trade Howard we should get no less than a 2nd round pick for him. I'm ok trading him but not giving him away like that.

Back
Top Bottom