Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

As mentioned in another thread, I think it's best to view..

- Michael Crabtree replacing Brian Hartline

- Kenny Stills replacing Mike Wallace

- Jordan Cameron replacing Charles Clay

if you look how each play and what Lazor wants to do. In theory we're better scheme fits (again I say in theory)

I could see Crabtree trying to stoke interest in himself and not wanting to sign right away. However, he has to be concerned at the lack of interest in him.

Plus he had that production last year coming off an Achilles injury, which should be much improved by now.

I don't care for him and he's not the answer. Miami needs to draft a wr that will be a main stay and not a stop gap.

I thought I look at some basic stats between Wallace and Crabtree.

Wallace: 67 receptions, 115 targets, 862 yards, 12.9 average, 10 TD, 10 20 yard/plus catches, 251 YAC
Crabtree: 68 receptions, 108 targets, 698 yards, 10.3, 4 TD, 10 20 yard/plus catches, 256 YAC

Pretty similar folks except for the salary. If it is a short-term deal for not a ton of money, I would sign him.

Teams don't defend Crabtree the way they do Wallace and how they each produced those numbers is entirely different.

I don't care for him and he's not the answer. Miami needs to draft a wr that will be a main stay and not a stop gap.

in the meantime though tannehill needs targets, and we can't put all of our eggs in a top 3 wr prospect basket when it's very possible we won't be able to get one. we just signed a 114 million $ DT...we're trying to make a run this year

He is visiting tomorrow. He got into miami today but isn't visiting the team yet

I do not believe that them signing him, if they do, prohibits them from drafting a wide receiver. I still hope they drafted a wide receiver early.

how perfect fit??? i am confused
He excels on intermediate routes, coming back to the football, playing in tight spaces/traffic/coverage, and working the sidelines. His strengths match Tannehill's tendencies. Think of a less-reliable Brian Hartline, but with more size and upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
He excels on intermediate routes, coming back to the football, playing in tight spaces, and working the sidelines. His strengths match Tannehill's tendencies. Think of a less-reliable Brian Hartline, but with more size and upside.

Crabtree also breaks tackles, while Hartline falls down for no reason.

In summary Crabtree runs the flat and the slant with the most success. He isn't very good at any routes past the intermediate

Back
Top Bottom