Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

I don't care for him and he's not the answer. Miami needs to draft a wr that will be a main stay and not a stop gap.

even if we signed Crabtree we will be drafting (should be drafting) a WR still this year!!!

if you look how each play and what Lazor wants to do. In theory we're better scheme fits (again I say in theory)

Exactly. And that's good to note. Because you just never know with free agents. A scheme fit on paper doesn't mean it will actually work on the field.

Exactly. And that's good to note. Because you just never know with free agents. A scheme fit on paper doesn't mean it will actually work on the field.

if we do bring him in, he will be like a few of our other guys... need to come in and work and prove himself. show he belongs on the field, and within our organization. the work ethic needs to be there as well as the production on the field. we need to get this offense developing for the future.

even if we signed Crabtree we will be drafting (should be drafting) a WR still this year!!!

We SHOULD be does NOT mean we WILL be.

I am ready to junk this whole dink-and-dunk worst coast offense and FIRE lazor at this point if we sign this scrub and pass on an elite WR. This smells to me like an ireland type move to go cheap and set up to pick a lineman with the #1 pick like what has destroyed this franchise for the last 15 years.

I am SICK SICK SICK of this scheme junk of we are running _____ and let's go get players that "fit the scheme we want". Scheme coaches are LOSERS. I want to see this team draft real Talent and utilize it to the fullest and let the talent dictate the system, not the other way around.

If a guy like Crabtree is signed there is no need for a receiver to be drafted until Day 3. OG and MLB are much bigger needs at this point.

I watched Crabtree a lot in college.....played at Texas Tech, where I was a teaching asst for a year....same school where Zach Thomas and Wes Welker went. I have always liked Crsbtree's hands and how he brings in the passes. I know he has had a lot of injuries, but he is worth kicking the tires on. I still would draft a WR, even if we signed Crabtree, but maybe we could go defense with our 14th pick, if we sign Crabtree.

After watching the video clips; hasn't he lost yet another step even from that?

He's definitely a crafty route runner and has basketball point guard style quickness.

I dunno, I like Matthews but he's really disappeared when he needed to replace a #2 WR and doesn't seem to have the ability to separate from a legit CB2. We might have to get a guy like Crabtree or Jennings.
I want TDs, but we need 1st downs, too. Guys who can separate get 1st downs.
If Stills can pull a safety with him down the field, then Landry and Crabtree can pick up 8-12 yd chunks a day.

We can't draft an elite receiver if one isn't available. Parker's stock seems to be slipping and may not be a difference maker there. Only way we draft a WR is if he's a clear upgrade vs what we have and that's debatable.

If a guy like Crabtree is signed there is no need for a receiver to be drafted until Day 3. OG and MLB are much bigger needs at this point.

yeah when i wasspeaking on drafting WR i was thinking more towards mid-rounds as well... should be buckets of WRs around!!! would be nice to have that 3rd round pick still, lol

I would not discount what Tannenbaum has said about the draft. He said he believes in the BPA philosophy, which is way different than drafting for need as you suggest. Also based on what he's done so far in FA, I also believe he likes the "splash" free agent and draft pick. I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would bet the farm on Gurley. He might also drop a few picks and select Gordon. By not signing Clay we've freed up money to sign a guard, a MLB, a vet WR and maybe a corner. I believe they are looking for a big 3-down horse we can ride. We'll see, but I've been down for this prediction for quite a while now, and the moves we've made confirm my suspicions even more.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

This is exactly the right point. Crabtree is still young and still has a chance to return to form. Assuming the contract is relatively cheap, I think he's a very good bet.

Agree. Just like Cameron who also has his warts. If one or both of these guys pan out we will look like geniuses.

This is exactly the right point. Crabtree is still young and still has a chance to return to form. Assuming the contract is relatively cheap, I think he's a very good bet.

Do you guys know for sure (or what has been reported) if he is basically fully recovered etc? Did not read through the whole thread so sorry if already mentioned but I think that will be the big question before they offer him a contract then it's going to be a question if he thinks it's enough.

Crabtree would be solid, great hands, good blocker, good routes, good size. That injury really F'ed him though so it would have to be a fair deal like 2yr 6 mil

Yes. He's a big guy with great hands that can be a red zone threat. That's exactly what we need.

After what he did last year, why take the ball out of Lamar Miller's hands? Not many backs out there that can hit home runs like he can. While he's not a '3rd down back' his receiving elevated significantly in 2014. Also, he ran with anger last year and was breaking tackles.
I'll puke if we draft any RB, other than a FB who can catch.

As mentioned in another thread, I think it's best to view..

- Michael Crabtree replacing Brian Hartline

- Kenny Stills replacing Mike Wallace

- Jordan Cameron replacing Charles Clay

Makes sense to see it put in that way.

Back
Top Bottom