Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

YAC is important in regards to RT because he throws a short to intermediate ball well. Find players that can catch the ball and get up field and the team might have more success.

I think Crabtree can be a good YAC guy because the QB he was working with throws bullets and uncatchable balls. Crabtree would have more to work with in terms of Tannehill.

That said, I am interested in what Crabtree thinks he is worth in this market. I think it could be a tough negotiation.
This is why I'd want Dorsett in round 2 if we don't take a WR at 14. With Stills on one side and this guy on the other we can stretch the field and you have Landry and Cameron under. Wow. Imagine the possibilities

Ozzy rules!!

Im okay with bringing him in but I don't want to guarantee him a spot. He better earn his spot…and that includes beating out a very hungry Rishard Matthews with a lot to prove…and at this stage Im not 100% he can do that in a fair competition.

My biggest gripe with Crabtree is his lack of speed. We already have Landry whom I love to death but you throw two of those guys on the field and all of a sudden we better be praying Kenny Stills can make some plays and garner some respect down the field or Tannehill is going to be throwing into some real real tight windows.

This is why I'd want Dorsett in round 2 if we don't take a WR at 14. With Stills on one side and this guy on the other we can stretch the field and you have Landry and Cameron under. Wow. Imagine the possibilities

Ozzy rules!!

Kenny Stills will give you what you want in Dorsett.

Ozzy rules!!

Our QB doesn't need a guy like Dorsett to pair with Stills. It's one thing to dump Mike Wallace for money/other issues . . . but it would be asinine to use your 2nd round pick on a much rawer version of him.

i think we're going to pay him a little bit more money than people are expecting, and i'm personally ok with it....we will have a very young group at wr that could do well spending a few years together in a system

Im okay with bringing him in but I don't want to guarantee him a spot. He better earn his spot…and that includes beating out a very hungry Rishard Matthews with a lot to prove…and at this stage Im not 100% he can do that in a fair competition.

Totally agree. Some of these home grown (well, mostly) guys have been showing big time ability at times and I definitely want them to get a fair shot. It's not like Crabtrree would be a slam dunk.

"@TaurantServices: one year deal 1.75mil is what I offer"» I'm TOLD 3-years, $18M with 1-year opt out is more realistic.

Not sure how much weight you want to give it but that's from Omar. That seems really high depending on structure.

My biggest gripe with Crabtree is his lack of speed. We already have Landry whom I love to death but you throw two of those guys on the field and all of a sudden we better be praying Kenny Stills can make some plays and garner some respect down the field or Tannehill is going to be throwing into some real real tight windows.

Crabtree has great hands and large catch radius....and runs great routes.

Some of the greatest receivers ever weren't burners.

Its football....not track and field.

Even if we sign Crabtree, we still need to draft a Feature WR for the future. This is the draft class to do it. If not Cooper, White, or Parker then by all means, get Jaelen Strong. Tall, physical, possession receiver with 4.44 speed who will fight for the ball in traffic (and usually win). Needs more polish and improvement in route running but some "analysts" compare to Marques Colston and that's not bad at all.

"@TaurantServices: one year deal 1.75mil is what I offer"» I'm TOLD 3-years, $18M with 1-year opt out is more realistic.

Not sure how much weight you want to give it but that's from Omar.

that's more than even i expected....was thinking somewhere around 4 maybe 5 mil....

Even if we sign Crabtree, we still need to draft a Feature WR for the future. This is the draft class to do it. If not Cooper, White, or Parker then by all means, get Jaelen Strong. Tall, physical, possession receiver with 4.44 speed who will fight for the ball in traffic (and usually win). Needs more polish and improvement in route running but some "analysts" compare to Marques Colston and that's not bad at all.

Cooper is a pipe dream. I could see him going #4 to Oakland. If they don't take Cooper, they'll take White. If Cooper OR White get to #9, you get that trade done with NY Giants IMMEDIATELY. Chances are, whoever is left doesn't make it to #14.

I really hope that's not the offer. That's a bad deal.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Not sure how much weight you want to give it but that's from Omar. That seems really high depending on structure.

Percy Harvin

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports Percy Harvin's new contract is actually a three-year, $24 million deal. So 6 mil. might be in the ballpark..with a few ifs and buts

I think guaranteed money will be the ultimate factor. Numbers mean so little nowadays..

Ozzy rules!!

I'm thinking along the same lines. It could allow Miami to trade down as well if there isn't the position they want at 14.

Back
Top Bottom