Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

Cooper is a pipe dream. I could see him going #4 to Oakland. If they don't take Cooper, they'll take White. If Cooper OR White get to #9, you get that trade done with NY Giants IMMEDIATELY. Chances are, whoever is left doesn't make it to #14.

I agree, I don't think Cooper will be there when we pick at all, nor will White. Parker might be, but if not, Jaelen Strong should be considered. Maybe we could safely move down a couple picks but most mocks have him going in the top 25 or so... I want a big, fast, featured receiver; someone who can get 40 yards downfield and go up over the safety and come down with the ball.

I will be the first to bash a bad contract, but people have to be fair that he is not coming for a veteran minimum either.

Im okay with bringing him in but I don't want to guarantee him a spot. He better earn his spot…and that includes beating out a very hungry Rishard Matthews with a lot to prove…and at this stage Im not 100% he can do that in a fair competition.

My biggest gripe with Crabtree is his lack of speed. We already have Landry whom I love to death but you throw two of those guys on the field and all of a sudden we better be praying Kenny Stills can make some plays and garner some respect down the field or Tannehill is going to be throwing into some real real tight windows.

yep...you looking at some squatting dbs otherwise and some tight safeties...which effects your run game as well

I will be the first to bash a bad contract, but people have to be fair that he is not coming for a veteran minimum either.

I can agree with that. And truthfully, if the contract looks like 3 years and 18 million, but is set up to where the first year isn't too taxing and there is a "legit" opt out clause . . . I can live with it.

Doesn't take WR out of the equation in round 1, but I think there is less pressure to take one.

if he comes here no doubt in my mind he does so with the mindset and probably the understanding that's he's at worst your #2 wr...so if he fails to make plays i could see miami doing the EXACT same thing we did with hartline in 2014...sticking with status quo even though it's not helping us

til he gets hurt at least

poor rishard mathews that kid cannot catch a break

if it's 3 and 18 there's gonna be enough guaranteed money in there where it tells you he's a starting wr as plan a

I agree, I don't think Cooper will be there when we pick at all, nor will White. Parker might be, but if not, Jaelen Strong should be considered. Maybe we could safely move down a couple picks but most mocks have him going in the top 25 or so... I want a big, fast, featured receiver; someone who can get 40 yards downfield and go up over the safety and come down with the ball.

I don't know much about Jaelen Strong, but I do like his size. Everything I hear about him is negative (well, at least around here, anyways :lol:). If we miss on the 3 top WRs, I think I would pull the trigger on Gurley. If he is recovered, he will change our offense dramatically. If not, a trade down and grabbing a LB & S or a LB & TE could be in our best interest. But who knows, maybe Jaelen Strong is the guy we are looking for.

I understand people being a little down on Crabtree. But the guy can still play. I think he would be solid for us

people will warm up to him once he gets a little chemistry going with Tannehill. Cameron, Stills, and Crabtree are good fits for our QB.

i heard he limped into the facility this morning :foundout:

jordan cameron threw up multiple times in the parking lot and wore sunglasses inside the facility even

I don't know much about Jaelen Strong, but I do like his size. Everything I hear about him is negative (well, at least around here, anyways :lol:). If we miss on the 3 top WRs, I think I would pull the trigger on Gurley. If he is recovered, he will change our offense dramatically. If not, a trade down and grabbing a LB & S or a LB & TE could be in our best interest. But who knows, maybe Jaelen Strong is the guy we are looking for.

Here's a highlight video on youtube: https://youtu.be/PsNC4B-OaFY although bear in mind (as another poster mentioned) you can make anyone look good in a highlight video (except Dallas Thomas). But what you do see in the video is a big guy who has good body control, tracks the ball well, can fight off defenders and make catches in traffic. I would like to see him extend his arms more for some of those catches, which you see in other catches he is capable of doing, so the catch radius is there... He's faster than he looks, (4.44 time at the combine) and can be tough to bring down. Would I RATHER have White, Cooper or Parker? Yes. But if they aren't there, I don't want OL or LB or even CB in round 1 .... I STILL want a FEATURED WR.

Back
Top Bottom