Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

I would say that this visit is an exception to the whole "players rarely visit here without signing" theory. He needs to prove to the Dolphin staff that he has regained at least some of the explosion that he lost after the achilles injury, which he showed none of last season.

RC: NOT EXCITED.

However, if him getting 100% healthy means his explosiveness is back to 2012 and this would be cool. Not too many people think this is reality, though, otherwise he'd have a lot more offers.

If him coming in means a workout; 40 time, cone drill, etc, and he shows well, then sign him.

I'm not a huge Crabtree guy, but he is a Tannehill type of posession receiver.

Something short and cheap and I fail to see any kind of downside to it. I still think WR is a possibility in the draft just not in rd 1 where I think it will, and prob should, be Kendricks.

BTW, I think Crabtree has more left then Jennings

So who do We grab .... Trae ? Kendricks ? Landon Collins ? Gurley ?

I don't think we would draft any of them that high.

I'd look at the DT position. A guy Like Malcom Brown would make a lot of sense there, or some sort of pass rusher like Bud Dupree.

I prefer Crabtree over what is out there on the fa market. Had pretty good hands and good at running routes. I don't think he ever recovered from the surgery he had before the combine. He is an upgrade from heartless...Heartline. I can still see us going after a future #1 in the draft.

If we don't sign him it feels like we have to go WR in the 1st and most everyone would be pissed if the Big 3 are off the board.

I personally would rather a WR/LB core of

Crabtree-Stills-Landry
Jenkins-Misi-Kendricks

than something like

Parker-Stills-Landry
Jenkins-Misi-2 down LB

I am not a fan of Gurley at #14. That's too high for an injured RB

Pros

Was a great route runner who gets separation with his releases
Had some good YAC numbers in his time
Good hands and was money on 3rd down

Cons
Always injured
Has lost pace and didn't have bags of it to start
Believes he's better than he is

I leave this one to the front office. Its a 50:50 call whether he turns into a savvy pickup or "Brandon Gibson with rubber bands for tendons"

Now I really hope that devante parker will be off the board when we pick at #14, so everyone else (myself included) wont be disappointed if we pass on him.

Even though I think the plan with getting Crabtree is to get a receiver later in the draft (2nd, 4th, or even later), rather then the 1st round.

If one of the top three is still there when Miami picks, I believe Miami will pull the trigger without a minutes hesitation.....well, unless something comes out about that receiver that would make him a huge risk drafting.

RC: NOT EXCITED.

However, if him getting 100% healthy means his explosiveness is back to 2012 and this would be cool. Not too many people think this is reality, though, otherwise he'd have a lot more offers.

If him coming in means a workout; 40 time, cone drill, etc, and he shows well, then sign him.

Agree with this!

This gives us more flexibility on draft day. Deep draft on WRs and we should still draft one in the 1st 2 rounds. If the top corner is there at 14 we go for it and take a WR later. Maybe we move down to gain the 3rd we lost and still get a guy like kendricks or Collins

Ozzy rules!!

According to Adam schefter crabtree was #1 on jets big board in 09 when Tannenbaum. Was there gm... He really like crabtree

Back
Top Bottom