Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

SF got more production out of Crabtree last year than we got out of Clay. Clay did miss 2 games, though.

In terms of on field production Stevie Johnson would have gave you more.

However hard to put him with a younger QB because he will get to where he is supposed to be but free lances to get there. Not good for a timing offense

Would have preferred to add Stevie Johnson, but will be happy if we add Crabtree

I'm so split on this potential move it hurts. Whatever happened with that veteran combine? Would be a good thing to see how Crabtree might test out there so we, the public, can know.

That's a rather low bar. :lol:

Crabtree runs the same kind of intermediate routes Hartline runs but he has better hands, gives you more after the catch (how could he not) and more in the red zone. The question is about that achilles. Is that what made him a 10 ypc player last year or was it the offense as a whole having a down year?

The more a person dislikes Colin Kaepernick the more they should like Crabtree, imo. That's always a good standard to have on these. Likewise it would be smart to be wary about Stills looking as good here as he did in New Orleans.

I disagree with CK that this would take WR out of the picture in the first. When it looked like Charles Clay would resign WR was still on the table. But now that Clay is gone and it looks like Crabtree might be signing suddenly WR is out? We lost a pass catcher and signed another. I don't see how the calculus has changed. In any case it's a very good draft for WRs. Don't outsmart yourself by waiting until late or bypassing the position at all.

It would be quite the irony to repeat the mistake we made in '09 because we signed one of the WRs who were available in '09.

I will say that an injury like an achilles takes a long time to recover from. Usually it's year 2 after it happens and then you're never like before. Perhaps he gets stronger and faster this year?

unless i'm mistaken top of my head he;s had a lis franc and an achilles and been on the injury report weekly it seems

no doubt thats a better option than hartline...but you are also running out there 2 of your top 3 wrs who are very slow

miamis basically gonna play the guys will break character in free agency and stay healthy card they played last year...how'd that go exactly

I keep seeing posters say "if we can get him cheap" but one of the Miami reporters suggested he heard in the area of 3 years 18 million with a year out option. That doesn't sound cheap but we know the only numbers that matter is what are the guaranteed numbers?

There's no way we sign him to 3 years $18 million. He made $3.5 million last year and no one has shown interest in him but us.

As far as him being better than Hartline...I don't think so. I think they're about the same. When I watch Crabtree he struggles to get separation, uses his hands to push off a lot and has no burst or acceleration to do much after the catch which is pretty much equivalent to Hartline falling to the ground after the catch. Hartline's career 14.2 ypc average is better than Crabtree's 12.5 ypc average...obviously.

This would give us the flexibility to trade down and still draft a WR in the second.

I will say that an injury like an achilles takes a long time to recover from. Usually it's year 2 after it happens and then you're never like before. Perhaps he gets stronger and faster this year?

Didn't Grimes have the same injury? and Wilfork?

Hell, if Vince can recover Crabtree better.

SF got more production out of Crabtree last year than we got out of Clay. Clay did miss 2 games, though.

Would have preferred to add Stevie Johnson, but will be happy if we add Crabtree

Good point

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Didn't Grimes have the same injury? and Wilfork?

Hell, if Vince can recover Crabtree better.

Crabtree can recover but for a WR it's harder because of the cutting and burst you have to put out

Cause...

sanchez-tipped-ball-interception-10-8-12.gif

Nobody throws a more beautiful INT then Mark Sanchez.

unless i'm mistaken top of my head he;s had a lis franc and an achilles and been on the injury report weekly it seems

no doubt thats a better option than hartline...but you are also running out there 2 of your top 3 wrs who are very slow

miamis basically gonna play the guys will break character in free agency and stay healthy card they played last year...how'd that go exactly

2 operations on his foot since '09.

We dumped a bunch of WRs for a group of guys who really aren't more or less talented, but they are better fits for the system. That's my read.

We dumped a bunch of WRs for a group of guys who really aren't more or less talented, but they are better fits for the system. That's my read.

yeah i get that...but we also added big red medical flags in the process

Back
Top Bottom