Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

Do you guys still call Hogan 7-11 (always open)? I remember him doing well at the end of last year, dude does catch alot of balls!

As for Crabtree, meh, he ain't all that. I have no idea about his attitude, but it would have to be a good one for me to want him on the team given his skills.

Yep his nickname has stuck even with the players. They say we have 7-11 and a FedEx (always delivering)

for all those desperate to go wr round one.... who do you intend to play at lb? safety? corner?

Hot names is great, but if you allow 30 points a game it wont matter

Our cb hole terrifies me. if signing a vet wr allows us to fiz that in the draft then im all for it

I agree, but when do we start Davis or Taylor? They've been here, practiced, played. When do one of these guys get to start? If they can't then we wasted picks but we need to find out if they got it.

If we nab him it probably confirms Clay isn't coming back (which is highly expected anyway) and our focus in the first round shifts, possibly to Funchess or trading down, depending on how serious we are about that 2TE set.

How has he looked since Achilles not same some players don't cone back. Your NOT getting the 2012 version

Now if you get past those expectations he is a sound Vet that can contribute

I agree with that and recognize he is injury prone to a degree. That's what his potential is. That's all I'm saying. He will be cheap

Not sure what the strategy is picking Crabtree up. If they are looking to run a boring "dink and dunk" style offense, the running game will suffer. Crabtree offers no strength, height or speed. I dont care if he is cheap, he is not whats needed. <<--- Unless they know Tannyboy still cant throw an accurate long ball.

So because he had one good season he's a superstar? Tell that to former Cowboys WR Roy Williams...remember him? He also had one 1000 yard season and everyone thought he was a star...except he wasn't.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

You can throw Misi and Albert into that race...oh and Jamar Taylor who should have 1-to-1 odds on him.

my attitude is to accept Albert will miss every game and be plesently surprised everytime he plays

At this point of the game, and for that matter all of free agency, there is always a risk whether it be injury, off-the-field, or are they good enough. All we can ask from our front office is players contract = issues/risk.

tree was 4.7 before injuries scraped speed...so we got a 4.7 slot already and potentially a medical red flag 4.7 plus boundary who misses as many games as he suits up in

He played all 16 games two of the last three years. I'm hardly the biggest Crabtree fan -- didn't think he should have been a first round pick in '09 -- but no need to overstate how many games he misses.

I'm not a big Crabtree fan, but here is how I see it: Is he better than Brian Hartline? Yes. Definitely.

If we get him cheap, I'm fine with it.

He played all 16 games two of the last three years. I'm hardly the biggest Crabtree fan -- didn't think he should have been a first round pick in '09 -- but no need to overstate how many games he misses.

that dudes been hammered by injuries...most of the reason san fran is moving on

I keep seeing posters say "if we can get him cheap" but one of the Miami reporters suggested he heard in the area of 3 years 18 million with a year out option. That doesn't sound cheap but we know the only numbers that matter is what are the guaranteed numbers?

I wonder if they see this as Crabtree or Clay. If we got Clay no Crabtree and since we won't get Clay it looks like Crabtree ?

I'm not a big Crabtree fan, but here is how I see it: Is he better than Brian Hartline? Yes. Definitely.

If we get him cheap, I'm fine with it.

That's a rather low bar. :lol:

Crabtree runs the same kind of intermediate routes Hartline runs but he has better hands, gives you more after the catch (how could he not) and more in the red zone. The question is about that achilles. Is that what made him a 10 ypc player last year or was it the offense as a whole having a down year?

The more a person dislikes Colin Kaepernick the more they should like Crabtree, imo. That's always a good standard to have on these. Likewise it would be smart to be wary about Stills looking as good here as he did in New Orleans.

I disagree with CK that this would take WR out of the picture in the first. When it looked like Charles Clay would resign WR was still on the table. But now that Clay is gone and it looks like Crabtree might be signing suddenly WR is out? We lost a pass catcher and signed another. I don't see how the calculus has changed. In any case it's a very good draft for WRs. Don't outsmart yourself by waiting until late or bypassing the position at all.

It would be quite the irony to repeat the mistake we made in '09 because we signed one of the WRs who were available in '09.

I keep seeing posters say "if we can get him cheap" but one of the Miami reporters suggested he heard in the area of 3 years 18 million with a year out option. That doesn't sound cheap but we know the only numbers that matter is what are the guaranteed numbers?

Screw that unless the last year is 12 million and the team can opt out. Im cool with 3 mill per and not much guaranteed money.

In terms of on field production Stevie Johnson would have gave you more.

However hard to put him with a younger QB because he will get to where he is supposed to be but free lances to get there. Not good for a timing offense

Back
Top Bottom