Michael Deiter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiter

Have you seen how many draft picks they have?

NO ONE on that team is pencilled in as the starter, other than X & Parker.

Even Fitz & Rosen probably could be ditched.

They have enough ammo to completely remake the team.

I think you have a different definition of the words, 'pencilled in' than most people.

Have you seen how many draft picks they have?

NO ONE on that team is pencilled in as the starter, other than X & Parker.

Even Fitz & Rosen probably could be ditched.

They have enough ammo to completely remake the team.

They don't have enough ammo to fix this team in one year.
They are not hitting on every damn pick and signing all the top free agents.
We basically have no oline, no qb, no running back, no defensive line outside of prob Wilkens and Goch. Maybe 2 ok linebackers possibly three definitely not one stud at that position.
We do have a pro bowl corner that could very easily get suspended and a very overpaid Safety that costs us 15 million next season.
Also we do have one damn good receiver and a guy with potential but are not deep at position esp with probably having to cut Wilson because he isnt worth 10 mill. I hear we may get a paycut on him though

We need a real center not a half assed Multi positional guy who played in high school get a goddamn first class center

I think you have a different definition of the words, 'pencilled in' than most people.

Come on now, hit the switch...

Turn that thing on, I KNOW that you understood what I wrote.

Don't be like most people... USE YOUR BRAIN, not your catty tongue child. :p

OL arguably takes the longest to develop in the NFl. You are no longer playing across from some high school all star but a NFL ready Dl player, whom are among some of the best athletes on the field. You get exposed quick if you aren't ready. Give the kid a break, see how hard he works in the offseason and see how camp goes. There's a lot of 3rd rounder and lower starting on OL's throughout the league. Even first round OL players have an adjustment curve to go through, more so for the lower round draftees, mainly longer seasons against better athletes. Thinking you can spend 3 first rounders on the OL to fix the problems there, may not be the quick answer. If you look around the NFL over the past decade, you will see players this franchise deemed unworthy playing as adequate starters. Guy's who had to go work for UPS for a year or two and work out until they were ready to compete at this level.

They don't have enough ammo to fix this team in one year.
They are not hitting on every damn pick and signing all the top free agents.
We basically have no oline, no qb, no running back, no defensive line outside of prob Wilkens and Goch. Maybe 2 ok linebackers possibly three definitely not one stud at that position.
We do have a pro bowl corner that could very easily get suspended and a very overpaid Safety that costs us 15 million next season.
Also we do have one damn good receiver and a guy with potential but are not deep at position esp with probably having to cut Wilson because he isnt worth 10 mill. I hear we may get a paycut on him though

I know it.

I didn't say anything about fixing the whole team or hitting on every single draft pick.

Those are BOTH ridiculous ideas.

"They have enough ammo to completely remake the team".

Of course he does. Is this in question?

I know he struggled at times, but most mid round rookies will. It also didn't do him any favors that there was never a solid LT beside him.

IDK if he becomes a quality starter, or not, but it's too early to write him off IMO.

"Struggled at times" is the understatement of the decade.

Deiter was straight up BAD for most of the season.

Yeah, he gets another chance, but he's likely a backup caliber player unless he has an insane improvement from year 1 to year 2

I have to wonder about the Wisconsin linemen. Im a big fan of Biadazs, but it seems like the Wisconsin guys dont do much in the NFL. Is Wisconsin just a bad program for OL, or did Deiter and Benschawel just not that good to begin with?

Of course he does. Is this in question?

I know he struggled at times, but most mid round rookies will. It also didn't do him any favors that there was never a solid LT beside him.

IDK if he becomes a quality starter, or not, but it's too early to write him off IMO.
Completely agree. I feel he is at worst good depth and could be a quality starter. The absence of a mentor (let alone a competent) LT absolutely slows progress. If he can progress this off season I hope he can be a quality starter

He wasn’t Dallas Thomas awful. He’s a rookie. Of course he gets another chance. Hell Charles Harris is still around

This is one of the reasons we suck though.
Deiter definitely needs to be replaced unless he becomes much better next year.

This is one of the reasons we suck though.
Deiter definitely needs to be replaced unless he becomes much better next year.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that, given two qualifications
1) Replace him as a starter. Can be a backup, until someone better is found
2) There are some who don't use your "unless." They want him replaced NOW. Probably some of the same people who gave up on DVP, Gesicki, McMillan, and others

Back
Top Bottom