Michael Sam’s coach singles out Dolphins situation as bad fit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Sam’s coach singles out Dolphins situation as bad fit

He was a low mid round player to start with, a tweener who would be an ok fit as an OLB in a 3-4, but has marginal athletic ability...basically he doesn't a position at the NFL level and lacks freakish intangibles that can allow for development.

bingo...too stiff laterally etc for a 34 olb in space and terrible and undersized vs the run as a 43 de...if he is active it will be as a situational pass rusher...but again nothing he shows with it on that wide rush is high end enough where tackles won't just sit on it...if he does do something it will likely be in an ears pinned blow out type scenario where he gets around the corner...but that rush he shows is definitely not high end

miamis not missing anything...

He is a bad fit for the Fins...too big a distraction. The media will be all over this guy next season, he will be a focal point of whatever team drafts him in the media's eyes. Imagine if he needs more experience before starting you will have mainstream media asking are you not starting him because he is gay. It will be a circus of nearly Tebowian proportions

This forum is one of the main reasons I'm quitting the dolphins. The praise for evil men and shunning of righteous one's is where I draw the line with this fanbase. Disgusting.

WOW - that was the dumbiest comment I have ever heard from a football coach period. I dont think Miami's locker room is that much different from any other tams locker room even is Incod was still there. Incog bust on Sam for being gay one day in the locker room. Sam stands up for himself and case closed. Incog respects the MAN from there on and no more porblems. Let's not fool ourselves...... DON'T you believe for 1 second that wherever he goes that he is not gonna have to stick up for himself. Your a fool to believe this. This is why I am so annoyed with the gay rights movement in the NFL. Everyone gets busted on and picked on for countless reasons. that is just the Norm. It has NOTHING to do with the guy being gay. The second he stands up for himself and shows that he is about winning and and being a part of this team....................... You will hear nothing else about it. My opionion is the media is makign the situation worse for the kid. The gay rights goal "at least their claim" is for people to be treated equally. Well how can he get treated equally when I can't even joke around with the guy becasue I am concerneced that whatever I say can be used to put me in some type of boiling water. So guess what....... I stay clear away from the guy. Now he will be looked at as an outsider. the media is making this worse than what it needs to be. Just my 2 cents. If I can play with a guy that I KNEW was a racist and have his back even outside of the football enviorment......... then a guy being gay has no effects on me what so ever!!!!! I knew that prior to me meeting this dude he HATED me. But once we realized that we had a common goal.............. In our eyes we became the same.

You know....

At one point or another the Dolphins FO should be pursuing legal action for slander against all these media outlets, Martin, Incog, Sam's coach etc....

This is just getting ridiculous.

Gary Pinkel isn't such a great role model either. Maybe he should worry more about his own locker room and whether his kids are in the best situation under questionable leadership.

GaryPinkelMugshot-1.jpg

http://www.columbiatribune.com/spor...cle_83ba40b3-b3ab-5031-9c79-e3179da6b3ae.html

Any mother who's either a member or sympathizer of MADD should not permit their son to accept a Mizzou scholarship considering the head role model is not above getting in the car intoxicated and endangering strangers' lives (I could give a **** about his)

I agree with him. I'd have to read some pretty ****ty posts on this board if he came here, and that's a bad fit for me.

Its football not a vehicle for social change. As for "crusading", lets leave that to Bono. We're one but we're not the same. :chuckle:

p.s. NFL network is still flapping their gums about this issue.

If there's any team in the NFL that seriously needs to win to cure everything, it's the Miami Dolphins.

Good lord, what a constant media nightmare.

Consider the source. pinkel is as classless an a human being can be. DUI. Mug shot. All the trapping of a first-class loser.

While I completely agree this guy's assumption of "fit" is purely based upon what he's heard or read in the press is complete nonsense, I unfortunately agree we should have nothing to do with him for a couple reasons: 1) first and foremost, as a situational pass rusher, he doesn't fit a need for us right now. We have that covered (unfortunately with a #3 pick from last year); 2) He would be a huge distraction for the team. Not because of his situation only, but because the press would be salivating over anything said or done to this kid that could be portrayed as bullying or discriminatory. We'd never win on this, even if everyone was a saint in the locker room because the press would find/invent something!

Back
Top Bottom