Michigan ahead of Florida how exactly? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michigan ahead of Florida how exactly?

nyjunc said:
The 23 point loss to OSU was window dressing, OSU was in control of that game from the time they tied it at 7 until the end. They had a double digit lead most of the game and Mich never had the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead in the 4th qtr.

Michigan played an incredibly soft sched, the Big 10 stinks this year and they struggled w/ alot of bad big 10 teams PLUS a bad MAC team. They beat an overrated ND team and an overrated Wisconsin team(Wisconsin is top 10 b/c they have feasted on the weak Big 10 teams- they don't ahve 1 quality win).
THAT IS EXACTLY what I have been saying all along. Who have they beat?

ANYONE who wonders why Michigan is ahead of Florida in the BCS should go back and watch Florida's games from the past 5-6 weeks. They do not deserve to be in the Top 10, let along Top 5. They are stagnic on offense and are extremely undiciplined. How many times were they flagged against FSU?!? And how in the world did FSU almost win that game?!?! Florida is not that good and should be VERY thankful as to where they are ranked at this time. PERIOD.

OSUDauby said:
ANYONE who wonders why Michigan is ahead of Florida in the BCS should go back and watch Florida's games from the past 5-6 weeks. They do not deserve to be in the Top 10, let along Top 5. They are stagnic on offense and are extremely undiciplined. How many times were they flagged against FSU?!? And how in the world did FSU almost win that game?!?! Florida is not that good and should be VERY thankful as to where they are ranked at this time. PERIOD.
Is this just a bit of exaggeration to help make your point, or do you honestly think there are 9 better teams than UF? I'd LOVE to see that breakdown.

OSUDauby said:

Yeah, an 11-1 SEC team with a top 5 SOS has no business being ranked in the top 10, what are the pollsters thinking?

[mod] Please stop annoying and trolling the membership.You have been given time off before for the same reason.And please turn on your PM capability so we can work these issues out [/mod]

OSUDauby said:
The Top 10 was a bit of an exaggeration, but Top 5--NOT AT ALL.
They have been miserable the past few games. How did FSU come within 7 points of them!?? FSU's QB may be the worst QB in Div 1A football. They have no running game. Tebow is overrated and I loved seeing him get popped. And Florida's defense is average. I think that the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation this year from top to bottom, but after watching the SEC's games this past weekend, I'm starting to think that I only feel that way because of the media. Florida was not good, Arkansas and LSU were far from impressive and they are the top 3 teams in the conference. Ohio State would have beaten Florida on Saturday by 4 TD's.

Oh, and just to rag on UF a little more...
This season during the Florida/Alabama game there was a commercial that said for $40 the public could join the Florida Alumni Association. WTF is up with that?!?! Don't they know the meaning of ALUMNI?!?

:lol:

OSUDauby said:
This season during the Florida/Alabama game there was a commercial that said for $40 the public could join the Florida Alumni Association. WTF is up with that?!?! Don't they know the meaning of ALUMNI?!?

I'm 100% sure you heard that correctly :rolleyes2

Motion said:
I'm 100% sure you heard that correctly :rolleyes2
Oh, I am sure I heard that 110% correctly. Look at the link....Join as a "friend" of the university alumni association for $40. I know it is hard to believe and quite a shame.
https://www.ufalumni.ufl.edu/Membership/membership.asp

Bringing a new meaning to "Gator Nation"...as in ANYONE in the nation can join our "Alumni Association." Haha...

OSUDauby said:
The Top 10 was a bit of an exaggeration, but Top 5--NOT AT ALL.
They have been miserable the past few games. How did FSU come within 7 points of them!?? FSU's QB may be the worst QB in Div 1A football. They have no running game. Tebow is overrated and I loved seeing him get popped. And Florida's defense is average. I think that the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation this year from top to bottom, but after watching the SEC's games this past weekend, I'm starting to think that I only feel that way because of the media. Florida was not good, Arkansas and LSU were far from impressive and they are the top 3 teams in the conference. Ohio State would have beaten Florida on Saturday by 4 TD's.

Such a stupid post.

1) Who are the 5 teams you put ahead of UF?

2) How did UF only beat FSU by 7? Maybe the same way Ohio St. only beat Illinois by 7. Close games happen in college football. Winning is the important thing.

3) Tebow overrated? He's a true freshman who is contributing to one of the most talented teams in the nation. Certainly a little premature to be calling him overrated.

4) Florida's defense is one of the better units in the country, ranked in the top 5 throughout the year until the losses of Marcus Thomas (a 1st round pick in the 2007 draft) and Brandon Siler (1st team All-SEC) to injury. Ryan Smith leads the SEC in INT and Reggie Nelson is a finalist for the Thorpe Award. Ray McDonald is in Mel Kiper's top 10 senior players in the nation, and Derrick Harvey leads the SEC in sacks as a sophomore. :shakeno:

5) Name a conference stronger than the SEC. You ignore the BCS ranking in which the SEC has 4 of the top 11 teams and rely on vague statements such as "they didn't impress me this weekend." Real convincing.

If you don't like UF or the SEC just say so. But arguments like this just make you look foolish.

FLOUNDER said:
Michigan is better than UF in my opinion

too bad all we have to go on is opinion and not a game! i hate the bcs

Vertical Limit said:
It's okay, Florida will have a chance to show Michigan who's boss in the Rose Bowl, as neither of them will end up in the National Championship game. :lol:

nope, they wont play in the rose bowl, UF will probably end up in the sugar is what the experts are saying.

Crowder52 said:
Such a stupid post.

1) Who are the 5 teams you put ahead of UF?

2) How did UF only beat FSU by 7? Maybe the same way Ohio St. only beat Illinois by 7. Close games happen in college football. Winning is the important thing.

3) Tebow overrated? He's a true freshman who is contributing to one of the most talented teams in the nation. Certainly a little premature to be calling him overrated.

4) Florida's defense is one of the better units in the country, ranked in the top 5 throughout the year until the losses of Marcus Thomas (a 1st round pick in the 2007 draft) and Brandon Siler (1st team All-SEC) to injury. Ryan Smith leads the SEC in INT and Reggie Nelson is a finalist for the Thorpe Award. Ray McDonald is in Mel Kiper's top 10 senior players in the nation, and Derrick Harvey leads the SEC in sacks as a sophomore. :shakeno:

5) Name a conference stronger than the SEC. You ignore the BCS ranking in which the SEC has 4 of the top 11 teams and rely on vague statements such as "they didn't impress me this weekend." Real convincing.

If you don't like UF or the SEC just say so. But arguments like this just make you look foolish.

Sure, close games happen in college football, BUT Florida has looked terrible the past 6 weeks or so...excluding their game against a Div. 1AA Team. Yes, Tebow is overrated. He plays on 3rd and short and runs the ball. Hell, I could do that for a Div 1 college football team. Hike---->Run!!! Florida's defense WAS, yada, yada, yada...not a good arguement on your part there. Ohio State's defense was good last year and lost Hawk, Carpenter, Whitner and company and returned this year with better numbers. (Urban Meyer, take some notes!). And you can see that I agree that the SEC is good this year, BUT....Look in the Top 8 of the BCS and you will see THREE Big Ten Teams. Not too shabby.

Back
Top Bottom