**** Michigan Football **** | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

I will agree that QB is concerning if that Wilton Speight is around all year. Not a huge O'Korn guy, and it actually sounds like Brandon Peters has fallen behind Dylan McCaffrey in the pecking order. That being said Speight also showed last year that when he is on he is on.
I'm starting to wonder if Peters is going to wind up transferring.

I'm starting to wonder if Peters is going to wind up transferring.

Well this is all rumors cause Peters did look good in the spring game, and remember Speight came out of nowhere last year. Peters will get his chance, but McCaffery arguably has the higher ceiling and Joe Milton isn't a slouch either.

If Harbaugh goes back to Speight its because he’s stubborn though I don’t think he will. Was surprised at how much O’Korn has improved from the pocket. Speight on the other hand has regressed to the point he’s not a functioning QB. Obviously I hope he’s okay but time for him to sit behind JOK and Peters.

biggest difference with O'Korn was he started hitting Gentry and McKeon which stopped Purdue's blitzing. But yeah, Speight has become a QB with zero confidence

Harbaugh was actually furious about Purdue's medical facilities and feel they were ill equipped to help injured players

Just saw video of it and can see why. I get gamesmanship but some visitor facilities are pretty bad. Tim Brando made a fool of himself saying he’ll get on board Harbaugh’s rant after Jim provides a depth chart. Ridiculous that some miss what the priorities should be.

Purdue basically said afterwards, we told them they weren't good.

But sounds like Speight has 3 fractured vertebrae in his back

I’m hearing Speight may be done career wise. Certainly won’t be back this year. Any gossip of McCaffrey passing Peters on the depth chart was wrong. Not sold on O’Korn but he can’t be as ineffective as Speight was playing.

And looks like O'Korn isn't that great. Plays were there to be made but he wasn't seeing them. Will probably play him against PSU and then make the Peters switch if he struggles.

Also looks like Higdon is now the man. Best vision of the backs. Chris Evans just doesn't have the vision to be the guy (right now)

Brian Cook is talking about giving O'Korn PSU then switching. That squashes any rumor of Peters being unhappy and thinking transfer. They’ve dumbed the offense down to just a couple options but JOK is still struggling. Though I think everyone agrees they need to go to Peters to give him a head start on next season, I’ll be surprised if Harbaugh makes a change. I expect a loss Sat night and if it is to be, I would prefer we can only kick long field goals. Anything to help influence Harbaugh into making the switch.

Well that wasn't fun. Don Brown made 2 mistakes with his defensive game plan.

1.Having Tyree Kinnel defend Desean Hamilton in the slot

2.Having Mike McCray be responsible for defending Barkley.

After that? Metellus, McCray, and Kinnel were all awful with missed tackles.

Offensively at this point you have to go to Peters or McCaffrey to prepare for next year. I feel Harbaugh was being stubborn with QBs but at this point it's time to build for next year.

Peters shows the traits of a very promising QB. Easy to see why Harbaugh was so high on him. They actually thought he was ready a couple weeks ago but wanted to wait until after Penn State.

Back
Top Bottom