**** Michigan Football **** | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

Mo Hurst playing the bowl game. I’m surprised at that. Hope he comes out of it healthy.

Harbaugh can't get his team to ever finish a game against good opponent. The Michigan State fiasco last year and now this. Team lost focus.

Big Ten had a chance to go undefeated in Bowl games this year and Michigan blew that chance (7-1)

Yeah not a good season. The Grey Frey and Pep Hamilton hires (which at the time seemed like slam dunks) ended up being disasters. Sounds like too many cooks in the kitchen.

Rumors are that Pep may be leaving for the NFL, and Frey is heading to FSU. Sounds like the plan is to move Jay Harbaugh back to TE coach (where he flourished), bring in Dan Enos as QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator with Greg Roman as OL coach run game Coordinator (sounds like Drevno may be on the outs).

I think there is way too much smoke for the Enos rumors not to be true.

Long story short. Losing Jedd Fisch killed our offense. Pep and Drevno just were not on the same page. At the end of the day, this year was Harbaugh's worse coaching job. He'll own up to it, and has proven in the past he'll make changes when need be. He already hired a new S&C coach (Tolbert was very outdated). I actually don't even hate Drevno, I just think adding Frey was a bad move, and Pep didn't work

Reactions: MD
Al Washington was hired to be part of the defensive staff (has coached ST,RB, and DL and is known as a good recruiter) and right now Dan Enos is the WR coach.

Scott Turner has left his Analyst position to go to Carolina as the QB coach under his dad, and sounds like Gruden is going to hire Pep in Oakland.

I'm not as dire to get rid of Drevno as others but the combo of him/Pep/Frey didn't work

So here's what we know...

Dan Enos right now is listed as WR coach/offensive assistant but has it in his contract that he could become OC.

Al Washington is listed as LB Coach (Viper/OLB) and ST Coach.

Alabama is supposedly going after Chris Partridge but Michigan is confident he will stay, and he will be Don Brown's successor. Rumors are he may move to DB but I'm guessing not, guessing he focuses more on LBs and Washington will focus on ST (where Partridge, Jay, and Zordich all split time)

I'm guessing Devin Bush is promoted from Analyst to ST.

Based on recent twitter follows, looks like Central Michigan Assistant HC, TE Coach, and Recruiting Coordinator Sherrone Moore will likely be hired as TE coach and assistant OL (was an OG at Oklahoma) Moore is considered a very bright young rising coach.

So as of this moment are..
1.Tim Drevno
2.Pep Hamilton
3.Jay Harbaugh
4.Chris Partridge
5.Don Brown
6.Mike Zordich
7.Greg Mattison
8.Al Washington
9.Dan Enos

So we have one opening technically (could have as many as 3 if Partridge and Pep leave) it sounds very likely that Pep is gone so I am guessing the Michigan staff for next year will be...

Head Coach-Jim Harbaugh
OL Coach/Run Game Coordinator Co-OC-Tim Drevno
WR Coach/Pass Game Coordinator Co-OC-Dan Enos
RB Coach-Jay Harbaugh
TE/Assistant OL coach-Sherron Moore
DC-Don Brown
DL-Greg Mattison
OLB/ST Coach-Al Washington
LB Coach-Chris Partridge
CB Coach-Mike Zordich
Safety Coach-Devin Bush Sr

I would prefer they drop this run and pass game coordinator and co-oc plan and hire one OC. To many cooks in the kitchen lead to alot of the issues we saw.

Have to wonder if the pace Harbaugh keeps can be overwhelming for some of his assistants. Concerning that the recruiting fell off a bit this year.

Have to wonder if the pace Harbaugh keeps can be overwhelming for some of his assistants. Concerning that the recruiting fell off a bit this year.

They were not fans of the satellite camp tour after his first year, but the only one I know that didn't like how much he was asked to do was Baxter. The big issue was losing Wheatley, and Fisch we lost our two best offensive recruiters. Jay isn't bad, but Drevno and Frey only focued on OL, and Pep isn't a good recruiter. Now there's more balance on the staff

Ed Werriner (former OSU OL coach and OC and Minny OL coach) has agreed to join Michigan's staff it is unclear if he's doing OL or an analyst position

Not really disappointed that Enos left. Disappointed that Harbaugh is looking like he’ll go into the season with the Drevno/Hamilton combination that underachieved.

Back
Top Bottom