**** Michigan Football **** | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

Peters shows the traits of a very promising QB. Easy to see why Harbaugh was so high on him. They actually thought he was ready a couple weeks ago but wanted to wait until after Penn State.

Supposedly the reason he wasnt the backup or starter earlier was two fols. 1)he didnt pick up Peps offense as quick as the others 2) they wanted him to take control. Just read an article where the defense kept yelling for him to get louder.

Looks more confident than JOK in terms of going through reads. JOK did helo with Gentry and McKeon develiping and getting involved but the ladt couple games he just couldn't get through his reads.

Of course Onwenu developing and Ulizio getting benched helped

Rashan Gary said in spring camp he wouldn’t checkdown or call adjustments. He goes on to say the transformation in his communication skills from then until now is incredible. He was ready a couple weeks ago but the staff felt Rutgers was the ideal spot to break him in.

Chris Balas was way off in his assessment of Peters being a bust and wanting to transfer. This has been all about getting him to where he needs to be with the playbook and command to attain success long term.

Last edited:
Last two against the Buckeyes are wins with average QB play.

Speight transferring. Rumors Shea Patterson may transfer in.

If Patterson does transfer Michigan is the most likely landing spot.

sounds like we will likely get Patterson, safety Deontay Anderson, and WR Van Jefferson (son of our WR coach)

Also Brian Smith has left to become DC at Rice. Smith did a solid job as a coach, not much of a recruiter.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Bush Sr become safety coach (a position he was an All-American at FSU). Also rumors that Arkansas OC/Former CMU HC/Lifelong Sparty Dan Enos met with Harbaugh to join the staff in some capacity

Speight
O’Korn
Peters

Patterson
Peters
McCaffrey

QB play cost them the last two Ohio State games and against Mich State this year. Michigan fans should be giddy about this upgrade. Still need to play it out but on paper that’s a very talented QB room.

Doyle and Milton aren't bad prospects either (though Milton is pretty much all arm at this point)

But this is pretty much Michigan suffering from years of bad QB recruiting before Harbaugh got here. I still say Speight pre-injury last year was as good as any big 10 QB.... sadly once he got hurt he was never the same. And O'Korn just isn't a multi read QB.

Tommy Tremble committing tomorrow Michigan is confident.

Sadly won't be getting Deontay Anderson due to the school denying him due to grades. Sounds like no to Van Jefferson as well.

As for Tolbert. Hearing mixed things, but sounds like Jim was not happy with the results

My wife went to Michigan so I like them. Over Thanksgiving holiday, we visited her folks. I took a car in for service and watched the OSU game with a former Wolverine, Allen Bishop (graduated circa 1987) who I met on the spot but who was a very nice guy and liked me because I knew my stuff. Great guy. Bishop was a defensive back out of Miami Killian High. He talked alot about Killian guys, like Sean Taylor.

I asked him how ended up a UM. Anyway, he was playing in a high school game where one of UM's assistants was watching another guy. Bishop took a pick back 100 plus yards and the assistant said "who is that guy," and his uncle was nearby and said, "that's my nephew, Allen Bishop." The assistant saw Bishop after the game and said "Bo Schembechler will be in your parents' living room Monday afternoon." And he was, so Bishop went there.

He knew Michael Irvin and a number of big time guys from South Florida in that era, including Michael Irvin.

Bishop claimed to me he still has the UM record for tackles in a game. I am not sure how much he played in the league but he talked about being in a Packers camp and what a disaster Tony Mandarich (MSU) was relative to roids. he was hyped beyond comprehension watching the game. Every combo of curse words were used at times.

Reactions: MD
SO this recruiting class is a lot of potential but not a lot of star studded recruits.

Rumors are we may be getting Arkansas's Strength Coach, who was well loved and was also the guy for Bilema at Wisconsin.

Devin Bush Sr is coaching the bowl game, fully expect him to be on the coaching staff next year.

So right now if Bush gets the job, we have 1 spot to fill (the 10th spot) unless Frey leaves for FSU which is a rumor floating

Back
Top Bottom