**** Michigan Football **** | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

What that bio fails to mention is that the Gators never finished higher than sixth in the SEC in passing yards per game while McElwain was the head coach. In 2015, they finished eighth at 207.1. In 2016, they finished sixth at 215.8. In 2017, they finished 11th at 179.5, but McElwain was fired prior to the end of the season. That's not what most would call "explosive."

He didn’t have a QB at Florida. He fared much better at Bama and CSU. But the real plus behind this is no Drevno or Hamilton calling plays.

He didn’t have a QB at Florida. He fared much better at Bama and CSU. But the real plus behind this is no Drevno or Hamilton calling plays.

I don't think him and UF were a good fit. I just liked the spin of the results there (every program does this though).

So Michigan's OL for game 1 looks like it'll be

LT-Jon Runyan Jr
LG-Ben Bredeson
C-Cesar Ruiz
RG-Mike Onwenu or Stephen Spenellis
RT-Juwan Bushel Beatty or James Hudson

Sounds like the favorites on the right side are Hudson and Spenellis and if Andrew Steuber recovers from his injury he could push for LT. Jalen Mayfield was getting hype but if Steuber is healthy Mayfield will redshirt.

Also sadly Grant Newsome had to retire

So Michigan's OL for game 1 looks like it'll be

LT-Jon Runyan Jr
LG-Ben Bredeson
C-Cesar Ruiz
RG-Mike Onwenu or Stephen Spenellis
RT-Juwan Bushel Beatty or James Hudson

Sounds like the favorites on the right side are Hudson and Spenellis and if Andrew Steuber recovers from his injury he could push for LT. Jalen Mayfield was getting hype but if Steuber is healthy Mayfield will redshirt.

Also sadly Grant Newsome had to retire

I didn't know Runyan's kid played for you guys. Is he any good?

I didn't know Runyan's kid played for you guys. Is he any good?

He was a legacy offer. Most reports said he'd be a guy who could develop into a center as an upperclassman (and that may still be his best position). He saw spot duty last year as a RS sophomore at RT and didn't look out of his depth. Athletic, and has earned his chance to start. Has 2 very athletic kids in Jalen Mayfield and Andrew Steuber behind him that look like future LTs

Have to make it till Signing Day but Michigan got a huge coup tonight in getting a commitment from 5* Safety Daxton Hill beating out Bama. Not gonna count this as over, but if this stands this would be IMO a bigger get than Rashan Gary was for Harbaugh, and is also a big get for our young coach Sherrone Moore who was the primary recruiter.

Agreed Hill is a huge get. Parents love the education opportunity at Michigan so Bama has a lot to overcome.

Northwesterns top RB was forced into retirement.

Offense is getting there. Based on how things are grading out I feel Runyan probably keeps his job and JBB more likely to be benched. But things are encouraging.

Also looks Like McCaffrey is now the undisputed back up over Peters so I expect a transfer soon. Dylan us arguably the most physically talented QB on the roster.

Harbaugh finally has an OL. QB room is deep. Sparty is their toughest test prior to the Buckeyes. Dantonio always has them ready for this game.

Warriner was a huge hire. Again I don't put as much blame OL wise last year on Drevno as much as I do Frey, but Warriner has made John Runyan Jr into a solid if unspectacular LT and made JBB into a pretty dominant RT to the point he may be an NFL prospect. Also the big issue for Michigan had been due to a lack of depth on the OL we hadn't been able to redshirt players. Yeah Bredeson, Ruiz, and Onwenu are true Juniors and Sophomores but none were ready to play as true frosh (though all are looking good now) We've been able to redshirt Steuber, Hudson, Hayes, likely Mayfield, and next year's class OL should usually be redshirting so they can develop.

Drew Singleton announced he was transferring. THought he'd be a beast but sounds like the ACL recovery hasn't been the smoothest. Also even if Bush leaves early as expected he's behind Josh Ross, Jordan Anthony, Devin Gill, Josh Uche (rush LB/DE), Cam McGone, and Hassan Haskins who moved from RB to LB. Also have the possiblity of Michael Barrett moving back to viper, Cam Thomas next year, as well as Viper/LB Joey Velazquez... and other potential position changes. Nothing but the best wished for him though.

In other not so great news sounds like Rashan Gary may be done for the year. The shoulder injury is something that has been very serious and surgery may be required. Sucks if true but guys like Uche and Paye have helped the pass rush.

not getting too excited but sounds like we may lead for Zack Harrison and Trevor Keegan.

So apparently the reason Devin Bush was so pissed and stomped the Sparty logo was because Sparty was 10 minutes late for the walk through and did their walk (like they do all games) and clotheslined Lawrence Marshall and ripped off Lavert Hill's headphones. Harbaugh just said in press conference that Sparty's antics pregame were bush league

I’m not surprised though it is a mental monkey off their back. Dantoniohas long used the Mike Hart comment and other tidbits he believe disrespect his program as motivation. That’s what the pre game march was. Dantonio orchestrated it and played the bully which they’ve done and Michigan allowed for years. I think it helped Michigan get over that mental hump.

Michigan now has superior coaching and the talent gap has widened so I expect it to return to them dominating the series with the occassional Spartan victory.

After that game James Hudson announced his intention to transfer. Came out of nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom