**** Michigan Football **** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

There's no way Hoke survives this, right?
You wouldn't think but he'll finish the season and it's going to be ugly. Greg Mattison has done a nice job with the defense but even that side of the ball is wearing down. As much as Brady is loved and respected he doesn't have the ability to get them fired up especially when they get down. If you watch him on the sidelines he is always clapping and being supportive even following costly mistakes. It's almost as if he thinks he is coaching Pop Warner.

I'm not advocating a get in your face guy is the answer but clearly Brady is not getting through to these kids.

McElwain is the only guy on either list that interests me right now.

So rumors are that Boston College AD (and Michigan alum) Brad Bates nay be in line to replace Dave Brandon as AD. This issue most have with Brandon is that he is a business guy and not really an athletic administrative guy.

John U. Bacon was speculating about this. Not sure that bringing Bates aboard will sway one of the Harbaughs. I think it's wishful thinking.

Well when it comes to Michigan Bacon's one of the best. I don't get the total venom towards Brandon as if you look at the Athletic Department as a whole, he's done a great job keeping them profitable and getting every program state of the art facilities (The Basketball stuff was straight out of the 70's). I think the issue is some say the big names won't come to Michigan unless Brandon is gone. May be true, but really (and this has nothing to do with Michigan) the big name coaches don't really leave their jobs anymore if they're at a big job.

I do think Brandon has a sort of arrogance that a lot of Michigan fans have that brings the worst out of people though.

As for other options that aren't currently head coaches, Narduzzi would be my first choice, but Herman deserves a look as well. Bob Stitt as an OC would be a good move, but I'm also not against looking the 1-AA route as that's where Tressel came from.

Brandon has done well upgrading the facilities but I have an issue with him disappearing after Morris got his bell rung. Then not keeping Brady informed and allowing him to make himself and the university look foolish. Then topping it off with releasing a statement at 1 am reeks of a guy only interested in covering his own tracks. That doesn't bode well with prospective coaching hires either I'm sure.

There are those though that want Brandon gone only because they want change.

Well rumors are that the new school president Mark Schlissel has been showing up to practice without the AD which is something new. Rumors around the program are that something big is going to happen.

Well rumors are that the new school president Mark Schlissel has been showing up to practice without the AD which is something new. Rumors around the program are that something big is going to happen.

they really have little choice.
I wonder If tommy Tuberville would be an attractive choice.

they really have little choice.
I wonder If tommy Tuberville would be an attractive choice.
Actually they do and right now they don't have to fire him. Funny thing about SE Michigan is that they love football and are extremely loyal. The Lions sucked for years because Ford Sr saw no urgency in change because they sold out each game. I was at the last game under 100,000 at the Big House and that was almost 40 years ago. And that game still drew 96,000

I expect the attendance to drop below 100K at some point but as long as they sell tickets, Brandon can keep Hoke though I do believe both will be gone.

Well after giving up his 8th TD of the season already Blake Countess was benched Saturday and the secondary played much better. Blake is a good kid but he's flat out sucked this year and doesn't have the INTs he did last year to mask the play. Jeremy Clark also didn't play and that's good cause he was awful against Rutgers.

Ugly win but I'll take it. Still have issues with playcalling though.

Well after giving up his 8th TD of the season already Blake Countess was benched Saturday and the secondary played much better. Blake is a good kid but he's flat out sucked this year and doesn't have the INTs he did last year to mask the play. Jeremy Clark also didn't play and that's good cause he was awful against Rutgers.

Ugly win but I'll take it. Still have issues with playcalling though.
Countess played really well as a true freshman and has been a shadow of that since blowing out his knee prior to the start of his sophomore season. I really am not looking forward to going to East Lansing. I never, ever thought I would say that.

Back
Top Bottom