Middle Linebacker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Middle Linebacker

Next off season with a good amount of draft picks, I expect us to be active in infusing both our offensive and defensive fronts with young talent to improve our physicality. With our team speed on the perimeter, the balance could be great.

This year, I’m concerned especially about our defensive line but really both fronts. Could limit our upside. But even if we band-aid it together for a year, we need to add stout young guys for the long run. IMO

We have just completed the most significant across the board infusion of players I've ever seen made on a team since Paul Brown built the Bengals!

We did this with a limited number of draft picks and no early 1st round picks, all while we were in "cap hell".

And all you can respond with is "wait till next year"?
You've missed the bus!

I hope you can recover by actually enjoying this season.

We've lacked good linebackers since Dansby, then the Thomas Seau combo...I see we built our defense like the Ravens, great edges, great middle backers, and size and depth on d-line.

I think we will be better on defense by a lot.

We were not a good defense last year, but many think we were, 22nd of 32 in points given up is lousy. This defense constructed now should be a lot better. People are sleeping on Anthony Walker Jr too.
We wer missing key parts of the Defense at different parts of the year, that hurt. Ramsey early, then both edges, and X was dinged all year, both safety's missed games, hard to be good missing that many starters.

We wer missing key parts of the Defense at different parts of the year, that hurt. Ramsey early, then both edges, and X was dinged all year, both safety's missed games, hard to be good missing that many starters.
Not trying to be argumentative here, just an observation.

Xhas been "dinged" for three years. At what point can we say he just wasn't good any more.

For me that point was two and a half years ago. The rest was just excuses.

I don't say that lightly. X is exactly the personality type that, when seeing his own skills diminish rapidly, would overstate minor common dings to justify his dropoff, rather than just face the music and bow out gracefully. JMO.

What does that have to do with the chart? Riley is not on there, and Brooks is a significant upgrade over Baker.

Some people like to point to Duke Riley’s lack of athleticism to justify why Baker had some value. And it’s true, Baker is better than Riley. However neither needed to see the field again for this team as far as I’m concerned. Riley lacks athleticism but has better instincts than Baker. Baker is supremely gifted athlete who lacked toughness and instincts.

To now have Jordyn Brooks to go with David Long is a miracle. A coup.

Nothing better than going from bottom left to top right in those type of charts.

Yeah don’t get why people think our def didn’t improve when we upgraded at mlb/OLB/corner and safety. Sure Wilkins is a loss but that doesn’t beat out upgrades/depth at 4 positions.
I definitely like the additions at linebacker. Specifically, I think it will help Miami matchup better against mobile quarterbacks.

Josh Allen is going to know he's getting hit if he decides to take off against Miami. Same with Lamar Jackson etc.

Not sure these upgrade, balance out losing Wilkins but we will find out.

I don't disagree. However, at end of season before the DC left, many claimed we were a top 10 defense with fangio because we were top 10 in yards given up, lol. Hence my statement.

IMO Raekwon Davis was a weak link last season, the Dolphins need a DT that can push and control the line of scrimmage, Davis was not that guy. at times he would get pushed sideways and wasn't controlling the gaps.
I really think he’d be better in a 4 man front than he was working the nose. The pick we used on him baffled me from the beginning but he still gave us some good snaps for a couple seasons. I’m really interested to see how our current rotation of bodies at DT/NT handles it’s business.

I definitely like the additions at linebacker. Specifically, I think it will help Miami matchup better against mobile quarterbacks.

Josh Allen is going to know he's getting hit if he decides to take off against Miami. Same with Lamar Jackson etc.

Not sure these upgrade, balance out losing Wilkins but we will find out.

Wilkins was highly overrated. Bad penalties at times, disappeared in big games. Had 6 of his 9 sacks vs 2 games vs NE and a game vs the panthers and jets all bottom 3 offenses and olines. We had the 22nd and 24th ranked defenses, it’s not like he was leading a powerhouse over here. Just need to not be a bottom 10 defense to be better.

IMO Raekwon Davis was a weak link last season, the Dolphins need a DT that can push and control the line of scrimmage, Davis was not that guy. at times he would get pushed sideways and wasn't controlling the gaps.
he was not a good draft pick for us imo, his weaknesses were obvious by studying him on college and he didn’t do anything at this level to prove it wrong.

he was not a good draft pick for us imo, his weaknesses were obvious by studying him on college and he didn’t do anything at this level to prove it wrong.

He looked solid his first year, either he regressed or injuries caught up to him

Back
Top Bottom