Middle Linebacker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Middle Linebacker

IMO Raekwon Davis was a weak link last season, the Dolphins need a DT that can push and control the line of scrimmage, Davis was not that guy. at times he would get pushed sideways and wasn't controlling the gaps.
And if you remember, Flores was going nuts when we picked him. That might've been more on him than Grier

Some people like to point to Duke Riley’s lack of athleticism to justify why Baker had some value. And it’s true, Baker is better than Riley. However neither needed to see the field again for this team as far as I’m concerned. Riley lacks athleticism but has better instincts than Baker. Baker is supremely gifted athlete who lacked toughness and instincts.

To now have Jordyn Brooks to go with David Long is a miracle. A coup.

Riley isn’t a great player, but he has good athleticism. His 4.58 40, 122” broad jump, 6.89 3-cone and 4.21 shuttle are all well above average for LB.

After watching the Ravens game, he should only play special teams. He was running in quicksand.

He had an ankle injury in that game so depending on when in that game you are looking at. . . . If you are looking at the Hill wheel route TD, which I think was before the ankle, that was more a problem of going "under" the "pick" than it was about athleticism. His athleticism is good. That is objectively confirmed by the testing I referred to. Poor athletes don't run 4.58, they don't jump 122" and they don't have sub-7 second 3 cone times.

Both him and Iggy... Neither player got anywhere close to his potential.
Just think, we could've had Winfield Jr instead of Iggy and Madubuike instead of Raekwon. Hindsight is 20/20 on Madubuike but personally I really wanted Winfield Jr.

He had an ankle injury in that game so depending on when in that game you are looking at. . . . If you are looking at the Hill wheel route TD, which I think was before the ankle, that was more a problem of going "under" the "pick" than it was about athleticism. His athleticism is good. That is objectively confirmed by the testing I referred to. Poor athletes don't run 4.58, they don't jump 122" and they don't have sub-7 second 3 cone times.
Right, some are good at the underwear Olympics.

Agreed he's a good athlete. Just lacks the instincts for an nfl linebacker. If that wasnt the case he wouldnt have bounced around the league as a mostly special teamer / depth option

Right, some are good at the underwear Olympics.
and some post good athletic numbers who are terrible athletes by my definition.

But some stat monkeys can’t grasp the concept

Back
Top Bottom