Mike and Mike said.... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and Mike said....

Before you all get too excited, Mike and Mike also said at one point in time that Brett Favre would be the QB of the Dolphins and that we would also sign TO. These guys, especially the nerdy one, think in fantasy terms, not reality.

alot of people this it was all on Marty that gave them a 14-2 record...But remember guys take away LT...it's a different story and differet recored...IMO

Well, obviously. But Marty has been a winner everywhere he has gone, so it's not just LT that makes that team good either.

I agree. If I had to rank the options:

1. Marty Schottenheimer with Mike Shula as the assistant head coach.

2. Chan Gailey with Mike Shula as the assistant head coach.

3. Mike Shula

4. Jim Mora

5. Dom Capers

6. Cam Cameron

I"m still wainting for any Shula backer to give a good reason why he's done anything at any job he's been at to even be considered for Asst. HC let alone HC.

You've got this guy above Mora who arguably is a questionable talent at coach but he's certainly shown more than Shula has at any level or position.

Shula name kool aid IMO.

Schott or Gailey without the PR plug please.

Comparing Marty to Don in terms of lack of playoff success is absurd. Don went 2-3 in the playoffs in Baltimore and 2-2 in Miami before winning the big one. It took him a decade to get it done.

I think we all know what Marty's record is.

I am not comparing numbers but reputations.The Don had that reputation but you are too young to remember .

This reputation became highlighted when his highly favored Colts lost to the underdog Jets led by Joe Namath in the famous guarantee SB game...........oh the shame of it.:goof:

IMO it was the two SB losses that helped prepare Shula to win the next two he was in.

Iin a similar fashion you have to believe Marty will get it right eventually unless you think he is a complete nincompoop.We learn from our mistakes.

The HOF has several coaches who couldnt win the big one in their early careers.:wink: .I am sure some of the statisticians among us can point to a few examples.

I wouldn't complain

and i wouldnt complain about that avater or photo on the left. noboddy is going to be happy regardless of who is chosen.

" great balls of fire , i think she has lost that lovin feelin "

I lived in KC in the late 80s through the mid 90s and even though the Chiefs were knocked out in the first round every year, it was nice to have a team in the playoffs.

I am not comparing numbers but reputations.The Don had that reputation but you are too young to remember .

This reputation became highlighted when his highly favored Colts lost to the underdog Jets led by Joe Namath in the famous guarantee SB game...........oh the shame of it.:goof:

IMO it was the two SB losses that helped prepare Shula to win the next two he was in.

Iin a similar fashion you have to believe Marty will get it right eventually unless you think he is a complete nincompoop.We learn from our mistakes.

The HOF has several coaches who couldnt win the big one in their early careers.:wink: .I am sure some of the statisticians among us can point to a few examples.

Reputation means nothing to me. The facts do. The fact is that Don Shula was not situated similarly to Marty since either the end of his Cleveland days (Don was 2-3 in Baltimore; Marty was 2-4 in Cleveland) or the very start of his Chiefs days (Don was 2-2 in Miami before 1972 -- Marty was 1-3 in KC by 1993). This means that Marty has been coaching for a decade longer than Don was and has compiled a 5-13 record without so much as an appearance in the Super Bowl during that period.

If you think that means I'm calling Marty a nincompoop because I think he won't ever get it right, those are your words. I think the guy is a good coach and wouldn't jump off a cliff if he was brought in here. I would know to expect nothing better than a couple of playoff games during his time here, though. Given the amount of data we have, occam's razor dictates that the simplest explanation rule. That explanation is that Marty is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom