Mike and Mike said.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and Mike said....

Last time I checked...

Marty doesn't kick field goals--or miss them! The same kicker cost him two potential championships. He would be a great transition to the young Shula and help rebuild this mess.

Marty doesn't kick field goals--or miss them! The same kicker cost him two potential championships. He would be a great transition to the young Shula and help rebuild this mess.

Oh, yes, let's blame Nate for missing a 53 yarder and a 40 yarder. Don't forget that the 40 yarder was to go ahead 20-17. If Marty's defense were worth a damn, they'd have prevented the Brien FG that lost the Chargers that game.

I'm not for coddling kickers, but 40+ yard FGs are not something any kicker is automatic at.

Oh, yes, let's blame Nate for missing a 53 yarder and a 40 yarder. Don't forget that the 40 yarder was to go ahead 20-17. If Marty's defense were worth a damn, they'd have prevented the Brien FG that lost the Chargers that game.

I'm not for coddling kickers, but 40+ yard FGs are not something any kicker is automatic at.

Other than Vinatieri...

40 yards is one you need to make.

53 isnt easy but at least hit it well, if it goes wide fine, but at least give it a shot. Not only did it need to be straighter but he didnt even kick it hard, it needed at least an extra 7 yards distance and lots more elevation.

Heres a scenario for you....next year we go 10-6 but lose in the first round of the playoffs with Marty. My gut tells me that at least 90% of you that are begging the football gods for Marty to land here, would be on here screaming for his head. Saying something to the effect that we should have never hired him, we knew he sucks in the play offs, should have hired Mike Shula, H. Waynes an idiot owner......

Heres a scenario for you....next year we go 10-6 but lose in the first round of the playoffs with Marty. My gut tells me that at least 90% of you that are begging the football gods for Marty to land here, would be on here screaming for his head. Saying something to the effect that we should have never hired him, we knew he sucks in the play offs, should have hired Mike Shula, H. Waynes an idiot owner......

The dumb people would, but the smart people would just be happy we made the playoffs again.

I'd be happy with Marty. Maybe bring in one of the younger guys under him for the future. It would be nice if Waynes comment about cost not being the issue was true and he went ahead and bought out Martz from the Lions and had him as OC.

Bro, he had the vision to build that team..right?

Good coach, good personnel skills. We've been lacking over the years in both categories. Maybe Marty is the key.

Marty's personnel skills? He lost his job mainly because of a power struggle with AJ Smith, who has been calling the shots and has that team set up to be one of the best teams over the next few years.

heard this on espn2 this morning, no link.
Expect Marty to be let go from the Chargers today, and expects the dolphins to move quickly to name him our new HC........This Sucks!:fire:

Marty is a great builder of teams and this may be just what we need!

Marty's personnel skills? He lost his job mainly because of a power struggle with AJ Smith, who has been calling the shots and has that team set up to be one of the best teams over the next few years.

Marty lost his job?

The man has actualized NFL experience.......not 4 yrs removed like Gailey.......is highly respected by everyone in the business including Don Shula who BTW also had the reputation of not being able to win the big one.....until he won the big one.

Also he knows our existing coaches and should blend in very well thus the transition should be relatively smooth.

IMO he is the best option out there

I back you on this one. We still have Houck, right? Isn't he the one that started building the line they have in SD? I wouldn't mind this move at all. I think he would be the best possible choice right now. Is SD actually going to let him go though. I think that would be a horrible move seeing how there aren't too many choices for head coaches out there.

Is it just me or has there been a lot of field goals missed from that range the last couple of years? More than normal, I mean.

Back
Top Bottom