Mike and Mike said.... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and Mike said....

can someone PLEASE TELL ME why a team that went 14-2 would FIRE their head coach???? "ok u took this team to 14-2, so we're gonna fire you! even tho 3-4 years ago we were the worst team in the league, and u brought us up to 14-2...we're still gonna fire you!".

wtf???

I'm beginning to notice that most of you guys won't be happy with anyone. At this point, with all the coaches that are candidates, Marty Schottenheimer is a godsend, freagin divine intervention, and the lot of you are still pissing and moaning. You should all get down on your knees and plead, beg to your creator that Marty Schottenheimer is the future head coach of the Miami Dolphins because as of 8:18 AM January 17, 2007 **** is looking grim.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

with the choices on the board for hc u would be pissing and moaning to.I doubt the chargers r gonna fire him and lets look at the choices then,mora,gailey,cameron and shula.As i said a day ago i love martz but if not him might as well promote capers to hc, what do u got to lose.The players like him and he knows the system.Promote garrett to oc and then your set and u have a staff ready to scout the senior bowl

can someone PLEASE TELL ME why a team that went 14-2 would FIRE their head coach???? "ok u took this team to 14-2, so we're gonna fire you! even tho 3-4 years ago we were the worst team in the league, and u brought us up to 14-2...we're still gonna fire you!".

wtf???

The team has underperformed the internal expectations each of the past 3 years. The easiest change to make is the head coach. I don't think it's a good idea, but I can see how you arrive at the conclusion Marty has to go, particularly if he clashes with your GM.

can someone PLEASE TELL ME why a team that went 14-2 would FIRE their head coach????

cuz he was given alot of talent and pissed it away

wtf???

It's ridiculous, no doubt, but if you're a Fins fan you better be pulling for ridiculous or we might end up pulling something else.

Marty was the headcoach in that playoff game.... and he didn't over ride any of the playcalling by Cam?.... GIVE LT THE BALL... was a simple as that.
That alone scares me away from him. I think Marty is over rated

He didn't have a say in Drew Brees being let go. It was well publicized that he wanted to keep Brees and that AJ Smith was ready to go with Rivers, who he drafted.

If the coach has no say over who his QB is going to be next season, it stands to reason that he doesn't have much say in personnel decisions period. The fact is AJ Smith decided that Rivers, who was his guy, would be the QB of the future in spite of Brees' performance.

with the choices on the board for hc u would be pissing and moaning to.I doubt the chargers r gonna fire him and lets look at the choices then,mora,gailey,cameron and shula.

My point exactly. After agonizing about the candidates listed above, the rumor that Schotty might be fired and come to Miami should have converted this entire forum into little smiling sprite's sprinkling fairy dust spreading nothing but happy thoughts(I'm exaggerating to clarify). All we got was even more distain. Surprise, surprise. It's been so bad for so long the common Dolfan couldn't recognize a shred of good news with 20/20 vision and a flash light... in the day time... with binoculars... and a magnifying glass... and a good news detector... and a psychic... using a seeing eye dog trained at sniffing out good news... i believe I've killed it now. Sure was fun though.

Bro, he had the vision to build that team..right?

Good coach, good personnel skills. We've been lacking over the years in both categories. Maybe Marty is the key.
i dont know how much marty had in building that team

At this point I really dont mind one way or the other with the candidates that have been mentioned on this search, except of course with Mike Shula. What I find really funny is that so many people here puke on what Mike and Mike said and NOW it's really cool and awesome. ???????:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

alot of people this it was all on Marty that gave them a 14-2 record...But remember guys take away LT...it's a different story and differet recored...IMO

Would be a dumb move by the Chargers. If he can coach a team to 14-2 and that playoff game with the pats was a close score... I would like to get a younger coach in here but if he can do the same thing for us as he did for SD then by all means, get him here!

Thats what they said about brees and it seemed to work out ok

Marty isn't the perfect choice because of his playoff failures, but he's certainly more qualified than almost anyone we could line up right now.

There's no perfect scenario here people. There's no head coaching candidate that doesn't come with flaws in one manner or another. Strip away the negatives and Schottenheimer's record still speaks volumes over any other candidate.

I would take Marty and cross my fingers that the black playoff cloud above his head finally disperses.

i'am actually suprised to hear all the love for Marty on this thread,at least its a good sign that he has the fans support,myself i have never cared for his ra ra personality,he tries to act like a general and his players are going to war,which tends to get tuned out after a while,this is a marty quote "men,in a war there are many battles,men, i want you to go out and win those battles, and if you win those battles,you will win the war."

I can also see positives as well,i just think we need a young leader with new philosophies rather than an old one who has been saying the same thins for a long time,,anyhow, i doubt he gets fired but if he's our coach i will give him my repect until he proves me different.

Back
Top Bottom