Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread

I know this is yesterday’s news but with the emergence of Gisecki and Parker combined with the yr that an old journey man QB had, I just can’t understand why they fired O’Shea

I know this is yesterday’s news but with the emergence of Gisecki and Parker combined with the yr that an old journey man QB had, I just can’t understand why they fired O’Shea

Fitz running for his life was fun to watch, but that's not an offense. Let's start fresh

How do you know O'Shea was the one that was driving the bus?

Maybe he wasn't carrying his weigh.

If it wasn’t him who was it? Wasn’t Flores.
And you know this how?

This isn't "ignore one side of the ball" Gase. If you think Flo wasn't heavily involved in offense, I believe you are misjudging the man.

LOL! That's nice ... but I'm wondering whether he had a friend stopping traffic and whether his neighbors were ok with using their driveway? Heh, he's seeming more and more like Gronk personality-wise every day. I just wish he blocked like Gronk.

As long as he's not injured as much, or as long as Gronk...I can handle Gesicki not being as good a blocker as Gronk.

I agree. I was hard on him as a rookie because he did look like an uncoordinated goofball. He improved a TON last year. Good for him.

It's also not a coincidence that once we changed HC, to one that allowed him to be himself, and just make plays, instead of having to think about blocking, he became special.

Last edited:
Not to bring you down man but I dont think we see Tua at all this year. Sad but most likely true. But it's a good thing. Many great QB s sat there 1st year. Mahomes, Rodgers. Brady, and can name many more.

Gesicki's improvement in 2019 was two fold. The first being, his hard work towards his improved play. The second being, having a coaching staff that understood how to utilize his skill set and get production out of him; unlike the previous coaching staff. It seems, people want to hate on Gesicki, because, they either wanted someone else, or refuse to see how coaching played a part in his development or lack of it, in his two seasons in the league.

Not to bring you down man but I dont think we see Tua at all this year. Sad but most likely true. But it's a good thing. Many great QB s sat there 1st year. Mahomes, Rodgers. Brady, and can name many more.
Doesnt bring me down at all. I dont expect to see Tua for awhile. I dont put a timeline on when he should play. We need the Oline to play together and be settled before I want to see him on the field. I realize the line may never be settled but I don’t expect to start a rookie qb behind a line that is starting 4 new guys and possibly 2 rookies. I can and cant wait to see Tua on the field.

...man when you watch some of those lower camera angle shots in the middle...
wow the physicality of the game right now is scary! Gesicki is such a ridiculous
athlete it's hard for most folks to really understand how rare his chops are!

Reminds me of this past draft -- swinging for HRs based on upside more than
immediate on-the-field impact. Gotta keep that in mind for kids like Jackson.

After our embarrassing 0-7 start, Geiseki was a legit weapon.

In the final 9 games, he produced at a pace that would have put him at 700 yards and 9 TD's over a 16 game season.

TE's tend to start off their careers notoriously slow. The fact that he very clearly improved is the important part.

At the combine he put up incredible numbers and came out with a 97% sparq score.

His awkwardness can sometimes make it hard to see the athletic freak that he is. But he is improving in that respect.

I preferred Goedert at the time. But I don't mind being wrong, and I hope he makes me look like a fool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom