Mike huff is the answer.....if he is anywhere | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike huff is the answer.....if he is anywhere

dolfan72734me said:
If he is playing free safety, he doesn't really have to be able to lay the wood. it would be nice to have 2 players in Daniels and Huff who can interchange positions with each other.

oh, I know. He DEFINATLY isnt a SS... but I still like my FSs to be more physical and a little heavier than Huff is...

nick1 said:
I'm only 18 so I say yes, hes got the speed to go with everything else. he is great in coverage and can tackle well

I knew Ed Reed was gunna be a huge star in the NFL. I was not huge into the draft than however I whatched it. I just thought in my mind he was really gunna be a star.

Juan Cribbs said:
he's not a better prospect than sean taylor.

and huff has plenty of size. he has time to bulk up a bit. he's taller than reed and polamalu. he has an instinctive for where the ball is going to be, and he's a hard worker. very intelligent. it would be like drafting reggie bush and putting him at WR. yes he can play the position, but it's not his best role. i'm sure huff will play some nickel, having a sort of a ronde barber-type role on 3rd downs, but for the most part, he's a safety and should play it.
oh yeah I forgot about him, he was a very good prospect. can't believe that, I love Miami and he was one of my favorite players. I rank Taylor, Reed and than Huff and those were the best safety prospects in my lifetime which is only 18 years (in my opinion)

205 is reallt not bad for a safety. he has good coverage skills and is a solid tackler with better than decent speed. If the fins drafted him he would probably be the top back up for both safety spots and the nickel back.he might be able to edge out shulters or bell for s starting job in the first year but you never know.

marino1348 said:
205 is reallt not bad for a safety. he has good coverage skills and is a solid tackler with better than decent speed. If the fins drafted him he would probably be the top back up for both safety spots and the nickel back.he might be able to edge out shulters or bell for s starting job in the first year but you never know.

205 is bad for a safety... but it isnt great either...

Its just when I see him play, I see a CB...

Juan Cribbs said:
huff isn't a corner. any coach that puts him at corner should have their hands cut off.

Whoa there, killer. We all know Huff can play CB, if for no other reason than he played plenty of it at Texas. And corners are more valuable than safeties...makes me think it would be worth at least a try to play him there. Definitely fast enough for it, and goes from being a mediocre sized safety to a big-sized corner. Anyone doubting his ability to play corner, look at the game recap from Texas - Ohio St. this past year. Huff covered Ted Ginn Jr., limiting him to 2 catches for 9 yards. Anyone who watched the Buckeyes bowl game against Notre Dame will realize how impressive this feat really is.

It would really be a stretch to say he projects better as a corner, given how good of a safety he is. But corner is not out of the question.

FinNasty said:
205 is bad for a safety... but it isnt great either...

Its just when I see him play, I see a CB...
pretty much the same weight as ed reed (200) and polamalu (212). and he will naturally gain weight and add more to his frame. i don't know how you can't see his safety ability.

finsfan_84 said:
as our 4rgh pick i say we take a chance on marcus vick
wait till our 6th or 7th, he will be there

nick1 said:
wait till our 6th or 7th, he will be there
Just 7th. We don't have a 6th round pick. Unless you mean our 6th pick, which is in the 7th round.

Flyer22 said:
Just 7th. We don't have a 6th round pick. Unless you mean our 6th pick, which is in the 7th round.
you caught that, thanks I just remembered we have no 6th

Back
Top Bottom