Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn

The NFL is an unforgiving league and unfortunately concussions are part of the game. If a player doesn't want to play through brutal injuries then he should play another sport.

Sigh. I half expected this. I'm almost convinced you're a middle aged man with some sort of bull**** mentality that real men tough it out, when in reality it just flat out is not understood just how severe these injuries are. A concussion is brutal, yes, but with proper treatment and...

You know what? I'm not going to bother. Im constantly putting lots of effort and information into posts that are ignored simply because you are incapable of comprehending anything but the logic of a neanderthal. Continue to spout of absolute crap about him being MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY, as we have proven is an absolute logical fallacy. You are what is wrong with the NFL today, sir. I truly mean that. Attitudes like yours are why concussions are "part of the game"

The good news is that those that have actual logic and intelligence will disregard every opinion you have from here on out thanks to your demonstration here. Best of luck to you.

Sigh. I half expected this. I'm almost convinced you're a middle aged man with some sort of bull**** mentality that real men tough it out, when in reality it just flat out is not understood just how severe these injuries are. A concussion is brutal, yes, but with proper treatment and...

You know what? I'm not going to bother. Im constantly putting lots of effort and information into posts that are ignored simply because you are incapable of comprehending anything but the logic of a neanderthal. Continue to spout of absolute crap about him being MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY, as we have proven is an absolute logical fallacy. You are what is wrong with the NFL today, sir. I truly mean that. Attitudes like yours are why concussions are "part of the game"

The good news is that those that have actual logic and intelligence will disregard every opinion you have from here on out thanks to your demonstration here. Best of luck to you.
I'm 26 and what I have written is the truth. I'm not ready to make excuses for a mediocre quarterback's performance.

The secret to success in this league is pairing a solid Qb with an offensvie scheme that plays to his strengths and minimizes any weaknesses that he may have. If Philbin brings in Flynn, he is obviously our best option. If he chooses to stay with Moore, then obviously he sees something in Moore that has been shown in glimpses. If he drafts a Qb, it speaks volumes about both of those guys. One thing no one is talking about is the possibility of Philbin actually keeping Henne. IF that happens, we also have to respect his opinion on the value of Chad Henne as well, no matter how un-popular it may be.

I like Moore but some people on here need to realize that he is not the answer. Our staff has already made it clear that they are looking for a franchise QB, ala Matt Moore isnt that guy and I think we all knew that. Matt Moore is servicable, and better than Henne (but thats not saying much) he is nothing more.

My wish list scenario
1. Sign Peyton Manning, draft Tannehill
2. Sign Matt Flynn, draft QB in latter rounds

Look Crazy685 is basically saying that the Carolina Panthers played Moore after he didn't pass a concussion test. I'm not ready to make an accusation like that. I also find it highly unlikely that they would want to rush the great and almighty Matt Moore back into action when they had just used a second round pick on Jimmy Clausen.

The secret to success in this league is pairing a solid Qb with an offensvie scheme that plays to his strengths and minimizes any weaknesses that he may have. If Philbin brings in Flynn, he is obviously our best option. If he chooses to stay with Moore, then obviously he sees something in Moore that has been shown in glimpses. If he drafts a Qb, it speaks volumes about both of those guys. One thing no one is talking about is the possibility of Philbin actually keeping Henne. IF that happens, we also have to respect his opinion on the value of Chad Henne as well, no matter how un-popular it may be.
I'm not going to respect that opinion at all. If Philbin thinks Henne is a starter in this league then he is clueless and it will only be a matter of time before he's fired.

I'm not going to respect that opinion at all. If Philbin thinks Henne is a starter in this league then he is clueless and it will only be a matter of time before he's fired.

This the same coach who has had QB camps with Aaron Rodgers as a student?

I'm not crazy about Flynn. I havent seen enough of him. 2 games to be exact but Ive seen PLENTY of Tannehill and its obvious to me by the amount of Dolphin fans that want him, especially those willing to use a top 10 pick on him that a lot of people havent seen much of him. Living in Oklahoma and watching primarily Big 12 games I can tell you that Tannehill is a project and I wouldnt take him any earlier than the 2nd round. I honestly wouldnt be thrilled with im in the early part of the 2nd round either. He's a good athlete, but he's far from a good QB. He has accuracy issues, footwork issues, and timing issues. The only thing he s got going for him is he can run and he has a solid arm but he doesnt have the skills to excell in a west coast offense and I have my doubts if he ll ever be anything other than a stop gap starter/back-up. I just dont get the love affair with the guy. If he turns into a top 15 QB Ill be surprised and there's no way this cat is going to be a top 5 type QB. No way. Ive seen too much of him, he'd have to improve leaps and bounds to be a middle of the road QB.

The NFL is an unforgiving league and unfortunately concussions are part of the game. If a player doesn't want to play through brutal injuries then he should play another sport.

Brain injuries can affect how a player plays? Golly no, injuries should just be played through, people should be willing to risk long-term injury for my entertainment!

It looks like the Green Bay Packers just cut one of their O-lineman (Chad Clifton) and restructured the contract of a WR (Donald Driver) so that they can franchise tag Matt Flynn's contract. I think that will cost the Packers $14 million, but it sounds like Flynn may be off the board.

Back
Top Bottom