Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn

well its unfortunate to bad franchise qbs do not grow on trees.

since i dont think flynn is anything better than moore, if the only options were those 2 specifically i rather go with the guy who has played with this team already, has some chemistry, and would cost us nothing, as opposed to a guy in flynn who would cost us a lot, will not get us any further than matt moore would most likely, and has no chemistry with these players.

i assume their are other options then the ''great matt flynn''. if all fails this year, go all in and trade the house for barkley the following year.

again, no one is saying matt moore is the answer, but just because he may not be, u dont go and just sign some scrub who has barely played in the nfl and will be 27 years old, just because he had 1 good game.

It's not because 1 or 2 games that we would love to have Flynn over Moore it's because if his coach for the last few years thought he is the best option out there than we will be excited to have him here.

I really don't get how you can slam him for playing better in every opportunity he has had it makes no sense. The bottom line is if his coach not some wannabe draftnik is on board with Flynn leading this team then I'm on board too! There is no reason for Philbin to bring Flynn here unless he truely believes in him, time will tell.

it doesnt matter what you do qb moore you will be replace....that suck

lots of QBs better than Flynn.. likely including the QB we have on our roster right now in Moore

I'm not saying it was you, but I remember distinctly after Moore had his 3 TD game how so many people were using that to point out how he was so much better than Henne bc he had never been able to do that. Does anyone really believe Moore is capable of throwing a 6TD, 480 yard game?
I don't know if Flynn is the answer but he sure makes one heck of an argument with just the few games he has displayed himself.

The fact is A&M went into this year with BIG expectations. Sherman through lack of recruiting or just believing in a WR turned QB, blew that season.Tannehill through his play cost Sherman his job. He lost every big game in the BIG 12 this year with his play. 3rd and 4th qt play by Tannehill was not just terrible, it was job costing terrible.As for your comment about Moore, neither Ireland or Ross believe he is the man to lead this franchise moving forward.
Tannehill threw 6 touchdowns while beating baylor.

I haven't seen Matt Moore bomb the hell out of 2 playoff teams like Flynn did. Until then you can't compare the two.

To me Moore benefitted from a weak schedule and the defense going nuts towards the end of the season. Also Moore sailed a wounded duck over to Marshall once in a while. What did he do against the Giants? Nothing. What did he do against the Jets? Nothing. What did he do against the Broncos? Nothing. What did he do in Dallas? Nothing. What did he do against the Eagles? Nothing. Beating up the Chiefs and Bills doesn't impress me. He's a backup.

Thats exactly what Flynn is too.

In that game against the Lions Flynn threw like 7 yard slants and the receivers did all the work. Flynns deep ball looks like sh*t. He looked no better than Henne in the redzone. I dont get why so many people think hes a franchise QB after starting 2 games. His numbers look good, yea i cant disagree there, but watch him play...hes not as good as you think.

Matt Cassel looked pretty good when he filled in for Brady and looked pretty good there then went to KC, was paid big money and given the starting job and sucked.

Kevin Kolb came in for Mcnabb and looked pretty good too....got beat out by Vick the year he was supposed to start. Signed a huge contract in Arizona and sucked and got hurt. I called this one...i said Kolb only looked good cuz of Andy Reids QB friendly system and that he was gonna suck and that some team is gonna get screwed.

JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY LOOKED GOOD FILLING IN ON A WINNING TEAM DOESNT MEAN THEY WILL BE A FRANCHISE QB FOR ANOTHER TEAM. ITS GONNA COST A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY TO SIGN FLYNN AND HES ONLY PLAYED 2 NFL GAMES, HE HASNT PROVED ANYTHING. WE HAVE MORE HOLES ON THIS TEAM THAN JUST QB.

I WOULD RATHER STICK WITH MATT MOORE THAN PAY MATT FLYNN THE $50 MILLION HES GONNA BE ASKING FOR.

BUT...

I like the way Philbin and the coaching staff sounds like smart football people who know what theyre talking about. We have the advantage over other teams in evaluating Flynn. Based on what i seen of Flynn i want no part of him and his mega contract. I dont think he is worth it or that he would even be an upgrade over Moore. However, IF Philbin (who watched him in practice every day) thinks Flynn is the guy then i will accept it and hope for the best. Based on what i have seen (in his 2 whole games) he is not a franchise QB. He played in one game in 2010 and one in 2011. Think about the team this guy had around him. One team (2010) won the super bowl. One team (2011) almost went undefeated and lost in the playoffs to the champs. Matt Moore would probably look better than Flynn if Moore had been in Flynns place on GBs team.

I haven't seen Matt Moore bomb the hell out of 2 playoff teams like Flynn did. Until then you can't compare the two.

Matt Flynn beat the patriots....but Flynn wasnt on the Miami Dolphins, he was on the SUPER BOWL WINNING PACKERS!!!!

Matt Flynn beat the Lions....but Flynn wasnt on the Miami Dolphins, he was on the ALMOST UNDEFEATED PACKERS!!!!

The Packers have more to do with making Flynn look good than Flynn making the Packers good. Its not like the Packers sucked then all of a sudden Flynn came in and started tearing it up. Flynn played two games on a super bowl caliber team that was good to begin with.

Matt Flynn beat the patriots....but Flynn wasnt on the Miami Dolphins, he was on the SUPER BOWL WINNING PACKERS!!!!

Matt Flynn beat the Lions....but Flynn wasnt on the Miami Dolphins, he was on the ALMOST UNDEFEATED PACKERS!!!!

The Packers have more to do with making Flynn look good than Flynn making the Packers good. Its not like the Packers sucked then all of a sudden Flynn came in and started tearing it up. Flynn played two games on a super bowl caliber team that was good to begin with.
Throwing 6 TD's is hard to do against air...

Matt Moore already had his shot in Carolina and he sucked.

Why do you keep spouting off this nonsense over and over even though you are being constantly corrected? Look into his history in Carolina. His "next season" (after having a really good start in Carolina) he was shoved back into playing time after being concussed. He performed poorly (wow shocking! A guy can't play well when hes got cobwebs in his brain) and eventually got injured again.

To say he had any opportunity in Carolina is absolutely ridiculous. Stop spouting nonsense and EDUCATE YOURSELF.

Why do you keep spouting off this nonsense over and over even though you are being constantly corrected? Look into his history in Carolina. His "next season" (after having a really good start in Carolina) he was shoved back into playing time after being concussed. He performed poorly (wow shocking! A guy can't play well when hes got cobwebs in his brain) and eventually got injured again.

To say he had any opportunity in Carolina is absolutely ridiculous. Stop spouting nonsense and EDUCATE YOURSELF.
No excuses. He was medically cleared to play and he sucked.

No excuses. He was medically cleared to play and he sucked.

You're so ignorant it's absolutely painful. He was medically cleared to play but SURELY an NFL team would not clear someone that isn't 100% okay, right? The man was sent to the HOSPITAL and kept overnight, yet was cleared for a game as physical as football in a mere FIVE DAYS. Sidney Crosby, the hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins, was sat for OVER TWO MONTHS due to a concussion..

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7459581/sidney-crosby-concussion

But hey! Matt Moore was medically cleared in 5 days! It's entirely his fault! Wait... he was throwing on the sidelines during that game? But how! He was MEDICALLY CLEARED!? Surely an organization such as the NFL wouldn't do this!

A close family friend (may he rest in peace) played for the Miami Dolphins and they constantly "medically cleared" him to play... play in games that he had absolutely zero recollection of. Why? Because concussions are serious and life threatening incidents that can't simply be "walked off".

But no, luckily there are still people like you that either place faith in the wrong things or simply don't give a **** and say things casually without understand the reprocussions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...estigate-cleveland-browns-colt-mccoy-handling

Even today, after the 2010 season's emphasis on concussion effects (Much like Matt Moore's incident) we still have teams and staff clearing guys that really have no business playing.

Again, educate yourself. Stop the cycle of negligence and just read up on some issues. I know it will be painful to admit that somehow you don't know everything (actually, closer to the opposite end of that spectrum but I digress) but the information is there. We have absolutely no reason to continue spouting off bull**** like you do.

How old are you, out of curiosity? I really hope you drop some of that guard and allow information to sink in without immediately dismissing it out of pure ignorance. If not, then whatever, ignore it is.

You're so ignorant it's absolutely painful. He was medically cleared to play but SURELY an NFL team would not clear someone that isn't 100% okay, right? The man was sent to the HOSPITAL and kept overnight, yet was cleared for a game as physical as football in a mere FIVE DAYS. Sidney Crosby, the hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins, was sat for OVER TWO MONTHS due to a concussion..

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7459581/sidney-crosby-concussion

But hey! Matt Moore was medically cleared in 5 days! It's entirely his fault! Wait... he was throwing on the sidelines during that game? But how! He was MEDICALLY CLEARED!? Surely an organization such as the NFL wouldn't do this!

A close family friend (may he rest in peace) played for the Miami Dolphins and they constantly "medically cleared" him to play... play in games that he had absolutely zero recollection of. Why? Because concussions are serious and life threatening incidents that can't simply be "walked off".

But no, luckily there are still people like you that either place faith in the wrong things or simply don't give a **** and say things casually without understand the reprocussions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...estigate-cleveland-browns-colt-mccoy-handling

Even today, after the 2010 season's emphasis on concussion effects (Much like Matt Moore's incident) we still have teams and staff clearing guys that really have no business playing.

Again, educate yourself. Stop the cycle of negligence and just read up on some issues. I know it will be painful to admit that somehow you don't know everything (actually, closer to the opposite end of that spectrum but I digress) but the information is there. We have absolutely no reason to continue spouting off bull**** like you do.

How old are you, out of curiosity? I really hope you drop some of that guard and allow information to sink in without immediately dismissing it out of pure ignorance. If not, then whatever, ignore it is.
No excuses. You have to outperform Jimmy Clausen. He was medically cleared to play.

The NFL is an unforgiving league and unfortunately concussions are part of the game. If a player doesn't want to play through brutal injuries then he should play another sport.

Back
Top Bottom