mike mayock on cameron wake today... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mike mayock on cameron wake today...

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
on the playbook nfl network show...

"cameron wake has become one of the most dominant pass rushers in the national football league"

i agree :up:

Yup, and then he shows him beating out both Shiancoe and the RT for the strip. A thing of beauty.

Now that is awesome. Dude Mayock is awesome, he has been doing a great job on saturdays commentating college games.

on the playbook nfl network show...

"cameron wake has become one of the most dominant pass rushers in the national football league"

i agree :up:

That's a pretty good compliment, especially coming from Mayock, who always seems to value the marginal talent effort guys over incomplete megatalents like Wake.

But there's just no denying the way that guy gets around the edge, and it's good to see Mayock doesn't deny it. I know I've never seen anything like it in all the time I've been watching football. Whatever Wake's flaws -- and none of the offensive coordinators we've faced this year have been smart enough to test them yet -- he compensates for them and then some with the Wile E. Coyote rocket he straps to his back whenever the pass rush is on.

Wake vs. Woody this week should be a war. He's a pretty good cut above guys like like Demetrius Bell and Phil Loadholt as a pass blocker.

yeah i agree that woody is a step up in pass pro from what we've faced to date at right tackle...

Do you really need someone to point that out to you all, lol he's been one of the best since he has been here, and if you look at what he has done per play no one is even near how good he is, and that go's back to last year.

If there are any 09 pre-season Wake skeptics left who haven't yet eaten their crow pie after spending that pre-season adamantly arguing that Wake's lights-out CFL exploits stood little chance of translating into NFL success, I'd think it's about time to pony up for a huge serving now.

Mayock, Tom Waddle, and Lombardi are the only analysts on NFLN that have anything insightful to say. Jamie Dukes is an utter fool.

Now that is awesome. Dude Mayock is awesome, he has been doing a great job on saturdays commentating college games.
Totally agree. I really like him as an announcer. He brings a level of intelligence to the booth that is rare.

Back
Top Bottom