mike mayock on cameron wake today... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mike mayock on cameron wake today...

"Playbook" is an awesome show. I watch it every week and it's the most complete analysis/preview show for the NFL IMO...

did you watch the draft a few years back when Mayock basically called him a fat pig on live TV?

No, I'd pay to though. Anyone have the youtube clip? All Dukes does is say dumb crap, like vick is the greatest, all day long.

I ate my crow last year, and called for his start after the BUF game I believe. I thought at that time you start him and see what you got. During this offseason my questions were mainly directed towards him being in a 2pt stance.

To date as a pure pass rusher whether in a 2pt or 3pt stance, he's shown great power and speed. With the loss of JT and over all youth of the defense, I'm glad I was wrong.

Only one question remains IMO, durability. The natural wear and tear of being a 16gm starter at a impact position.

He's on pace for like 24 QB Sacks, 24 QB Hits and 32 QB Pressures.

Misi's on pace for 8 QB Sacks, 32 QB Hits and 32 QB Pressures.

Keeping in mind that Wake is pacing for near 1,000 snaps and Misi is pacing for near 650.

I tried looking it up just now on YouTube but didnt find anything. It obviously hurt his feelings, because he went on his weight loss kick soon after. It was pretty awesome. Dukes was making retarded comments all morning, and trying to challenge Mayock on everything he said. You could see Mayock getting annoyed. I dont recall the exact comment, but I think Dukes questioned the fitness and physique of a kid that just went. Mayock said something along the lines of " now you're talking about something you are familiar with". It was priceless.

I ate my crow last year, and called for his start after the BUF game I believe. I thought at that time you start him and see what you got. During this offseason my questions were mainly directed towards him being in a 2pt stance.

To date as a pure pass rusher whether in a 2pt or 3pt stance, he's shown great power and speed. With the loss of JT and over all youth of the defense, I'm glad I was wrong.

Only one question remains IMO, durability. The natural wear and tear of being a 16gm starter at a impact position.

I know the CFL and NFL are different animals, but he started 18 games in the CFL and also went on playoff runs. I believe he set a CFL record with 5 sacks in a playoff game. He never came off the field when he played here, but I know some will argue the CFL game wasnt as physical. He was dealing with constant double teams and holds here, and still produced those insane numbers.

take the likely production of wake and misi and throw in starks who's doing straight damage but i think only has credit for a half sack thus far and if he doesn't get hurt i think he's a lock for 5 plus sacks this year and i'm tempted to raise that to 7 or so and we got i'd say 25 plus sack like production from just 3 players...thats some good ****

and you know we got some pretty cream puff olines on our second half of the season schedule...we're gonna feast on some teams olines this year...run or pass

i might be setting the bar a little high but i think high 20's sack production is in the cards from these 3...

He's on pace for like 24 QB Sacks, 24 QB Hits and 32 QB Pressures.

Misi's on pace for 8 QB Sacks, 32 QB Hits and 32 QB Pressures.

Keeping in mind that Wake is pacing for near 1,000 snaps and Misi is pacing for near 650.

Do you see Misi's snaps per game going up as the season progresses? When I re-watched the Vikings game, I was a little surprised at how often I saw Moses on the field. That's not a criticism of Nolan; Misi is a rookie, and I expect him to struggle under certain scenarios. But, because he's a hard worker and a good athlete, I'd imagine that he'll improve on many of the areas of his game that need improvement.

Also, maybe it's just the number, but on his bull rush Misi at times reminds me a bit of L. Woodley. Maybe it's just me.

I know the CFL and NFL are different animals, but he started 18 games in the CFL and also went on playoff runs. I believe he set a CFL record with 5 sacks in a playoff game. He never came off the field when he played here, but I know some will argue the CFL game wasnt as physical. He was dealing with constant double teams and holds here, and still produced those insane numbers.

Eventually he will start getting chipped by RB/FB's and those IMO are the worst since it comes at angles and while engaged.
He already showed ability of blowing by a TE leaving a LT to do nothing but reach.

In this case I was wrong. And for this scheme and youth movement, I'm glad I was.

If there are any 09 pre-season Wake skeptics left who haven't yet eaten their crow pie after spending that pre-season adamantly arguing that Wake's lights-out CFL exploits stood little chance of translating into NFL success, I'd think it's about time to pony up for a huge serving now.

Dlockz and Omar Kelly, ORDER UP!

wakes ankle flexion has stood out to me also...i don't know where the still is anymore of the leg planted in the ground with his ankle literally almost touching the ground also while maintaining his balance and explosion around the corner

somebody had it as their sig pic and i pointed out how many guys don't have that kind of flexion...just another feather in this guys cap...like i said earlier double digit sacks easy if he stays healthy...easy

its freakish. it worries me, but is also what makes guys like him hard to block. big O Tackles simply cant bend like that, and they really have no shot.

does Omar Kelly even watch players before he comments? wasnt he singing the praises of RGM as well before the season? pretty sure he hadnt scoured CFL tape to watch him.

I doubt that Omar watches any kind of player tape when he makes assessments on who's good and who's not.

Back
Top Bottom