mike mayock on cameron wake today... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mike mayock on cameron wake today...

Eventually he will start getting chipped by RB/FB's and those IMO are the worst since it comes at angles and while engaged.
He already showed ability of blowing by a TE leaving a LT to do nothing but reach.

In this case I was wrong. And for this scheme and youth movement, I'm glad I was.

ya, you would assume NFL teams will start gameplanning a bit for him. even if his production dips as a result of what you mentioned, hes still impacting the game. you would hope guys like Misi, Starks and Odrick when back can penetrate. also, if teams have to keep a back in to chip or help out, one less player running a route. I believe Hoops mentioned the screen pass, which i think more teams will start going to soon against this Phins D. Especially the one where the back gets a chip on Wake then releases.

i see some lamar woodley in misis pass rush...definitely...he just moves people...doesn't always get to the qb but he walks people back where the qb can feel him and he has already shown the ability to disengage and redirect with no wasted movement to put hits on the qb...you can see those great feet and change of direction...

for the #40 pick in the draft he looks damn good to me...

he also lined up a few times off the ball in a 4-3 look where he i wanna say was the slb in some power run looks and i liked that versatility...

ya, you would assume NFL teams will start gameplanning a bit for him. even if his production dips as a result of what you mentioned, hes still impacting the game. you would hope guys like Misi, Starks and Odrick when back can penetrate. also, if teams have to keep a back in to chip or help out, one less player running a route. I believe Hoops mentioned the screen pass, which i think more teams will start going to soon against this Phins D. Especially the one where the back gets a chip on Wake then releases.

yeah watching the vikes game again it looked to me like we did blitz dansby a fair amount...also had chris clemons up around the los coming off the edge a few times but he never got anywhere near favre...i know i was told we didn't blitz much earlier this week but i thought we dialed up some things that way...

i definitely think if we keep sending pressure and getting such good pressure up front that some intricate screen passes are in the cards for us...teams are gonna want to slow down our roll lol

if they haven't started game planning for him watching all his snaps last year and his 2 games this year i don't know what the hell they're waiting for...i just think the guys the goods and gameplan chip him whatever...he's gonna get to the qb consistently

i have seen him engaged with a tackle and get chipped high by a back or te and get decleated...but he gets right back up and goes just as hard the next snap

I doubt that Omar watches any kind of player tape when he makes assessments on who's good and who's not.

I really dislike Omar, but I think his arrogance is an attempt to make up for insecurity. I think he tries hard; it just seems like he doesn't understand football very well, and I think he probably knows it. So, given his job, he has to try extra hard to present the image of a person very confident in his opinions. Like I said, I still dislike him, and I don't view any of these reasons as excuses.

well thats the beauty of being a pass rusher. the tackle can get the best of you on 29 of 32 pass plays, yet most will say the pass rusher had a good game if he gets a sack and a couple pressures.

I really dislike Omar, but I think his arrogance is an attempt to make up for insecurity. I think he tries hard; it just seems like he doesn't understand football very well, and I think he probably knows it. So, given his job, he has to try extra hard to present the image of a person very confident in his opinions. Like I said, I still dislike him, and I don't view any of these reasons as excuses.

we have a guy here just like that. understands the game of NFL and hockey at a basic level, but uses arrogance and a loudmouth attitude to try and mask it.

if they haven't started game planning for him watching all his snaps last year and his 2 games this year i don't know what the hell they're waiting for...i just think the guys the goods and gameplan chip him whatever...he's gonna get to the qb consistently

i have seen him engaged with a tackle and get chipped high by a back or te and get decleated...but he gets right back up and goes just as hard the next snap

Yeah, when Dan Dierdorf is familiar with Wake going into a game . . . you can be pretty sure that even the Raiders would be well aware of him.

we have a guy here just like that. understands the game of NFL and hockey at a basic level, but uses arrogance and a loudmouth attitude to try and mask it.

Welcome to the modern world, right? Show over substance. It's one of the things I love about football as a sport. If you play J. Porter ahead of C. Wake, you look like an ***, and you get fired. There's just no room to "promote" or maintain lesser talents - just because they have a certain image. The rest of the world, it's all around. I'm sure everyone here knows people at his/her place of work that is undeserving of a position.

I have him on twitter feed, but I swear everything from him is negative. I know he's trying to critique players, but he makes ridiculous predictions and then when he's wrong he seems to proud to give credit.

wakes ankle flexion has stood out to me also...i don't know where the still is anymore of the leg planted in the ground with his ankle literally almost touching the ground also while maintaining his balance and explosion around the corner

somebody had it as their sig pic and i pointed out how many guys don't have that kind of flexion...just another feather in this guys cap...like i said earlier double digit sacks easy if he stays healthy...easy

Pretty sure this is what you're talking about..

TampaBayBuccaneersvMiamiDolphinsQArYitCT-1.jpg

For basically anyone else.. that's a BAD ankle sprain.

I have him on twitter feed, but I swear everything from him is negative. I know he's trying to critique players, but he makes ridiculous predictions and then when he's wrong he seems to proud to give credit.

omar makes too many decisions based off what he sees in shorts imo with some of these guys...until guys who play full contact positions are going full contact in pads its hard to ever say what someone is or isn't...

cameron wake and koa misi are examples of that...

Back
Top Bottom