mike mayock on cameron wake today... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mike mayock on cameron wake today...

omar makes too many decisions based off what he sees in shorts imo with some of these guys...until guys who play full contact positions are going full contact in pads its hard to ever say what someone is or isn't...

cameron wake and koa misi are examples of that...

he needs to stop trying to be a scout/evaluator and just be a reporter and talk to players and coaches and get us team info. I dont need him second guessing the front office of the team or the coaches and telling us who he thinks should be starting or whatever...

I don't have as big a problem with Omar as some here. Sure his evaluations turn out to be wrong sometimes, but I'm man enough to remember how many times I've been wrong, too.

At the end of the day the dude is hardworking and provides a lot of information to Dolphins fans like myself, and I'm grateful for that. Sure you have to view his opinions through a prism but that's not as huge a price to pay as some make it seem. The truth is all journalists have biases and favorites but most aren't that open about them for fear of losing their objectivity merit badge so you're sort of left to wonder about where they stand on things. At least with Omar you know where he's coming from, and I can handle that.

on the playbook nfl network show...

"cameron wake has become one of the most dominant pass rushers in the national football league"

i agree :up:

Hard to disagree with Mayock on this. The rest of the league will know Cam Wake's name by the end of the season. If he keeps up this pace, I think his main competition for DPOY will be Clay Matthews up in Green Bay.

good thread. sorry i missed it.

it's funny b/c you guys mention wake getting almost horizontal rushing the passer - eerily similar to james harrison (who i said before last season 'experts' would begin comparing him to) - and then compare misi's bull rush to woodley - which is dead on.

after the first game - watching wake breeze by OTs when they weren't holding him - and misi throwing that one O lineman to the ground (who was that? guy got straight tossed) - i thought steelers OLB's all the way. but i figured 'hey, it's the bills. no way could they be this good this fast.'

but then the viking game came - and they did the same thing to much better O linemen. and there's even room for improvement (obviously with misi - but wake is still really raw). i'm sold on these two - and almost the D as a whole. (waiting on j allen, thank you :))

Wake is an animal, he has more work ethic than the entire jets team put together. the dude came from the CFL and is making his mark big time!

Back
Top Bottom