Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday

LOL, guess what, that corpse you refer to is the exact same age as Bellicheck, Carroll and Arians. I guess those guys are to old for the NFL as well. It's hilarious to me that people want to discount him because of age and yet the most successful coaches in the NFL right now are his exact same age. His leadership and experience is exactly what this team needs.
He's dry bones. Regardless of his age , he needs to be put to bed. Tell me his record the last time he coached? Don't tell me about his leadership , he's a media circus. Looking for another chance.

There's a lot of backlash over this news, but I think this is a very logical option. He can fix the O-line and actually establish a consistent running game. The team won't be as undisciplined under him. He's an old school coach. His offense really fits with Tannehill and wanted him more than RG3. He is a proven HC who can build a competent staff. I don't have a problem with hiring him.

I would venture a guess that based on Shanahan's past history of demanding control of the roster, that if he were to be hired, he would have a large degree of input written into his contract.

And this is the one thing that scares me about Shanahan.

And this is the one thing that scares me about Shanahan.

This is interesting considering that both Tannenbaum and Grier made clear today that communication is the key with all parties involved. One vision, one team. There is no reason why a man of Shanahan's experience, wisdom, and former good draft picks cannot contribute to a team decision on players.

that's just stupid...jake plummer was never the decision maker tannehill is

stupid

It drives me nuts when I hear those comparisons. Tannehill has a way better skill set than Plummer ever had. Plummer was never as accurate a passer as Tannehill and Plummer was an awful decision maker.

The alternative is Tannebaum.

giphy-4.gif

It drives me nuts when I hear those comparisons. Tannehill has a way better skill set than Plummer ever had. Plummer was never as accurate a passer as Tannehill and Plummer was an awful decision maker.

He and Ryan both throw well on the run and are tough as nails. Similarities there, for sure.

Plummer was definitely a more instinctive player. However, Jake was a bit of a flaky guy, was never a great student of the game, and wasn't as accurate as Ryan. Different players.

Shanahan: strong defense, strong run game, passing thru TEs ... 2 Super Bowl rings... and a penchant for bustin Bill Belichick's balls ... yeah, I'm in

Mike Shannahan would be in my top 3. Maybe top 2

He's dry bones. Regardless of his age , he needs to be put to bed. Tell me his record the last time he coached? Don't tell me about his leadership , he's a media circus. Looking for another chance.

First off that roster in Washington was atrocious when he took over so I'm not going to put him totally at fault for the poor record.

Second, Dan Snyder disagreeing with his head coach about who should be the starting QB made it a media circus.

Snyder wanted McNabb & Bob Griffen as his starting QB's. Shanahan didn't want either and in hindsight Shanahan was 100% correct as McNabb came to camp 100% out of shape and didn't bother to learn the play book and Bob was a flash in the pan option QB who couldn't read an NFL defense and once his quickness was gone so was his career.

But hey, next time just throw your opinion out there as if its fact without any reason to back it up.

He and Ryan both throw well on the run and are tough as nails. Similarities there, for sure.

Plummer was definitely a more instinctive player. However, Jake was a bit of a flaky guy, was never a great student of the game, and wasn't as accurate as Ryan. Different players.

when you grow up playing "you go" as a kid, then learn more thru Pop, then define that in HS, refine thru college.. then when all the bullets n bombs are buzzing in the NFL you have a backup drive in your head, that always dials up.. the "you go". since he's only played QB 6yrs (2 A&M, 4 NFL) Tannehill's doesn't posses that backyard backup; it's why he's so mechanical, it's not organic to him. 'The Snake' was a backyard baller before he ever grew hairs!

when you grow up playing "you go" as a kid, then learn more thru Pop, then define that in HS, refine thru college.. then when all the bullets n bombs are buzzing in the NFL you have a backup drive in your head, that always dials up.. the "you go". since he's only played QB 6yrs (2 A&M, 4 NFL) Tannehill's doesn't posses that backyard backup; it's why he's so mechanical, it's not organic to him. 'The Snake' was a backyard baller before he ever grew hairs!

This is a huge misconception. Ryan has been a QB his whole life. He played WR to help out A&M since he wasn't going to start at QB anyway. Even during that time he said he was still in the QB film room, studying and learning QB.

Back
Top Bottom