Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Shanahan Interviewing Tuesday

First off that roster in Washington was atrocious when he took over so I'm not going to put him totally at fault for the poor record.

Second, Dan Snyder disagreeing with his head coach about who should be the starting QB made it a media circus.

Snyder wanted McNabb & Bob Griffen as his starting QB's. Shanahan didn't want either and in hindsight Shanahan was 100% correct as McNabb came to camp 100% out of shape and didn't bother to learn the play book and Bob was a flash in the pan option QB who couldn't read an NFL defense and once his quickness was gone so was his career.

But hey, next time just throw your opinion out there as if its fact without any reason to back it up.

He also saved that franchise by drafting Cousins.

He knew Rg3 didn't have it long term for the NFL level. Drafted a 2nd QB to prepare for that reality. That qb just helped the team get to the playoffs.

This is a huge misconception. Ryan has been a QB his whole life. He played WR to help out A&M since he wasn't going to start at QB anyway. Even during that time he said he was still in the QB film room, studying and learning QB.

He still wasn't getting the game reps in college though.

You can practice to throw a ball, and watch all the film you want. Without getting real speed game action it doesn't mean anything.

First off that roster in Washington was atrocious when he took over so I'm not going to put him totally at fault for the poor record.

Second, Dan Snyder disagreeing with his head coach about who should be the starting QB made it a media circus.

Snyder wanted McNabb & Bob Griffen as his starting QB's. Shanahan didn't want either and in hindsight Shanahan was 100% correct as McNabb came to camp 100% out of shape and didn't bother to learn the play book and Bob was a flash in the pan option QB who couldn't read an NFL defense and once his quickness was gone so was his career.

But hey, next time just throw your opinion out there as if its fact without any reason to back it up.
Shannahan is a dead dinosaur. Mcnabb wasn't successful in Shannahans system. But had success with the eagles. Not to mention he (Shannahan) is the single reason Rg3 lost his quickness. But , he (rg3) was also named rookie of the year over Andrew Luck and has been to the playoffs and won the division championship I believe. Bob as you call Him has been benched because of an injury guarantee in his contract as he was named starting Qb in training camp. But got hurt in preseason. I could go on about his (Shannahans) constant riffs with players but why? My point is Shannahan wasn't 100% right about anything. He's a stubborn old has been that was not willing to adapt to his players strengths or personalities. So the Redskins eventually got rid of his a**. His failure has more to do with how he handles things than it does anything else. Those Qbs could play , they just didn't fit his system. But anyhow his time is gone. No need in resurrecting him cuz he ain't winning jack.

Shannahan is a dead dinosaur. Mcnabb wasn't successful in Shannahans system. But had success with the eagles. Not to mention he (Shannahan) is the single reason Rg3 lost his quickness. But , he (rg3) was also named rookie of the year over Andrew Luck and has been to the playoffs and won the division championship I believe. Bob as you call Him has been benched because of an injury guarantee in his contract as he was named starting Qb in training camp. But got hurt in preseason. I could go on about his (Shannahans) constant riffs with players but why? My point is Shannahan wasn't 100% right about anything. He's a stubborn old has been that was not willing to adapt to his players strengths or personalities. So the Redskins eventually got rid of his a**. His failure has more to do with how he handles things than it does anything else. Those Qbs could play , they just didn't fit his system. But anyhow his time is gone. No need in resurrecting him cuz he ain't winning jack.

McNabb looked like the Michelin Man when he showed up in Washington. He was out the league within two years after being benched in Minnesota. Dan Snyder paid him a ten million dollar bonus when he got cut after one year in Washinton.

Blaming Mike Shanahan for failing to get production out of fat, over the hill, looking for one last paycheck Donovan McNabb is like blaming the sky for being blue.

On that matter I got a little hope from Armandos tweet this morning. Key word here is depending.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 4h4 hours ago
Depending on who it is, the next HC will also report directly to Mike Tannenbaum.

I find this amusing....Shanahan will be at the facility at 5am, maybe sleep in his office overnight, and he is going to report? How bout Tannenbaum is going to poke his nose in and see how things are going. LOL

I find this amusing....Shanahan will be at the facility at 5am, maybe sleep in his office overnight, and he is going to report? How bout Tannenbaum is going to poke his nose in and see how things are going. LOL

This is a good thing because remember the old system Joe was reporting to Ross....and Hickey was reporting to Ross, but Tannenbaum was VP of Ops. It was a mess.

"All reporting to" means is it is streamlined process and people know who is working with who.

This is a good thing because remember the old system Joe was reporting to Ross....and Hickey was reporting to Ross, but Tannenbaum was VP of Ops. It was a mess.

"All reporting to" means is it is streamlined process and people know who is working with who.

I will say, they get that mess straightened out.

Mike Tannenbaum said it in his press conference.

They met and talked, but it wasn't a formal interview.

And what it was IMO was Shanahan telling Tannenbaum that he is very interested in this job and that he would be a great fit.

His interview is all about his plan.

Small fix.....but a big deal.

Based on Shanahans history of OLinemen and so forth....would we have to gut the whole Oline and start over or could he somehow take what we have and salvage it?

Either way we need to get rid of Dallas Thomas....we're better off playing with 4 olinemen than playing him

Ozzy rules

Based on Shanahans history of OLinemen and so forth....would we have to gut the whole Oline and start over or could he somehow take what we have and salvage it?

Even if he did gut the line, his MO is that he finds low cost guys that fit his system, and then it becomes plug and play a RB for 1K yards. I'm ok with that.

He'll make sure the defense gets blocked....when he was with denver they put a hat on everybody

Ozzy rules

Back
Top Bottom