Mike Tannenbaum Reassigned / Fired Mega Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Tannenbaum Reassigned / Fired Mega Thread

No - I think you have your years mixed up. Dan Quinn was appointed by the Falcons in 2015. Adam Gase was appointed by the Dolphins in 2016.
The guys that made the final list of interviews against Gase included Mike Shanahan, Mike Smith, Terrel Austin the former Detroit Defensive Coordinator. Gase was the unanimous choice of Ross and his key people (incl Garfinkel, Higgins, Tannenbaum and Grier).

Kind of. Ross had basically been asking everybody about Gase ever since we fired Philbin. Tannenbaum supported hiring Doug Marrone but was fine with Gase

Is it me or I just believe all this is a smoke screen for the public. Something tells me MT still has the same role and all this is BS for the public. “Reassigned”? I call bs on that.
Usually people just get canned and not demoted.

We will all know once the next coach is hired. If it's Rex, then you know Mike T is still involved.

Why in the hell wait until after the draft to can him??!! Don't tell me he's going to be involved in one last draft for us!!!

Don't go by that rumor site post screenshot.....Armando and PFT reporting TBum will be out of here before the draft.

Tannenbaum should've been out the door when Gase left. Not stick around until right before the draft. Makes no sense unless he's cleaning urinals and mopping floors.

Don't go by that rumor site post screenshot.....Armando and PFT reporting TBum will be out of here before the draft.
The exact wording

Tannenbaum, with the team since 2015, asked for and received something of a quiet sendoff, according to a Dolphins source. He will not be working for the team again. By the time the draft comes in April, it will be obvious he is no longer with the organization, the source said.

I'd be very surprised if Mike Tannenbaum ever got another F/O job in the NFL after what took place in both New York and Miami. He didn't show any kind of improvement from his time in New York. I have to believe the other owners have to see the same things we fans see. His habitual habit of spending big bucks and penchant for wanting to make a big splash have failed miserably, in 2 places. His severe lack of talent evaluation and preference to sign injury prone, over the hill players; brought 2 organizations practically to their knees. He's very luck, Ross let him go quietly into the night and not make a public embarrassment out of him. Time and time again it's been Ross' gullable nature that has gotten him into trouble with ex Jet trash, in Parcells and now Tannenbaum.

I'd be very surprised if Mike Tannenbaum ever got another F/O job in the NFL after what took place in both New York and Miami. He didn't show any kind of improvement from his time in New York. I have to believe the other owners have to see the same things we fans see. His habitual habit of spending big bucks and penchant for wanting to make a big splash have failed miserably, in 2 places. His severe lack of talent evaluation and preference to sign injury prone, over the hill players; brought 2 organizations practically to their knees. He's very luck, Ross let him go quietly into the night and not make a public embarrassment out of him. Time and time again it's been Ross' gullable nature that has gotten him into trouble with ex Jet trash, in Parcells and now Tannenbaum.
I don't believe that. Tannenbaum is a good snake oil salesman and he's apparently good at selling himself. I'm sure he will take a couple years off all the while collecting Ross' money. He'll pull the wool over some teams face and get his nose in the door somewhere.

That makes me feel better. With the "reassigned tag" I thought I'd still see him sneaking into press conferences

Back
Top Bottom