Mike Wallace Slams Joe Philbin Offensive Plan, Ryan Tannehill Struggles Hurt | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace Slams Joe Philbin Offensive Plan, Ryan Tannehill Struggles Hurt

That ball at the end of the Carolina game hit both his hands, and not at his fingertips either. Both. Hands. Not only that, but Brandon Gibson simply fell down after catching a ball that hit him perfectly in stride at the end of that game vs Baltimore. I've brought it up before. The ball hit him perfectly in stride and he was behind all defenders. He could've at least run for another 15 yards putting Miami easily in range for a winning FG.

Just catch the ball. How many deep balls did he lay out for? Tannehill needs to improve but if you cant lay out for a pass you don't get to talk.

First of all I didn't call you anything so quit with the cowardly internet BS.
Just shows that he doesn't know how hard tha achievement is and seems to blame everyone else but who cares he gets his 30 million regardless. Amazing that Randy Moss a better receiver than Wallace will be has the record at 23 and somehow this guy thinks he will do better. Hey Im all for it. 25 tds would be great but pulling a number out of his rear lets you know he has no clue how hard it is.

I was calling Wallace an ignoramus, not you.

for all the people still obsessing over tannehill under throwing Wallace on deep balls...let me ask you a serious question...have u ever watched Matthew Stafford play? he under throws guys all the time, he under throws Calvin Johnson but Johnson bails him out a lot.

I'm not saying tannehills deep ball was good, I'm not saying that at all. but some of you guys here definitely don't watch other teams play. Its obvious as hell. You guys act like every other qb hits their receiver in stride every time and tannehills the only qb who under throws on deep balls. A lot of other qbs have guys who still make the catch.

I'm not defending Tanny or blaming Wallace or vice versa...just trying to give u guys who only watch dolphins games and no other teams a little perspective.

This is absolutely true. I too see that it is something he struggled with, but only with Wallace for the most part. It frustrated me to tears.....but yes, every QB has struggles with it. It's the least percentage throw they make. It needs to be worked on, but in no way is this THAT much of a concern.

this offense is different than big ben shaking tackles and running around and gunning.

This offense scored 7 points in the last 2 games with the playoffs on the line. This is not much of a offense Dude. Just offensive...

These are his words
I should have had 15 or 20 more touchdowns. And that's being modest. That's not saying he wants to score 20 more tds that saying it would have been quite easy. When you say things like that it shows lack of perspective of how hard it is to do that. If its so easy to get 25 tds why hasn't ever approached half of that number. How come no other player has ever done it.

Dude. Clayton had 18 in 84, Jerry Rice got to 23, I think the point is, he was open a ton this season, and we missed, Tannehill and Wallace, on what could have been 15 Touchdowns, which would have lead to 2 more wins. Touchdowns do translate to wins. 7 points last 2 games is not going to cut it man.

Dude. Clayton had 18 in 84, Jerry Rice got to 23, I think the point is, he was open a ton this season, and we missed, Tannehill and Wallace, on what could have been 15 Touchdowns, which would have lead to 2 more wins. Touchdowns do translate to wins. 7 points last 2 games is not going to cut it man.

yea these are like records which make them exceptions. maybe he should break 10 tds then run his mouth

Where did he Slam Philbins gameplan?

Is it difficult to center one's self, breathe in deep, and come to peace with the fact that Ireland did not spend a fortune for a fight for the ball receiver? Does it sting? Sure. Should 60 bring a complete WR? Yes. Should one's self expect Wallace to transform :edit: intoMarshall? Perhaps with the help of Michael Bay.

Here's a little assistance for the meditation: Wallace burned, absolutely burned every DB he faced. Watch the tape. Every one. At least once. We got what we paid for and had those missed throws been hit in stride youd all be licking the guy's jock. But Tannehill couldnt hit hims so, "Hey! Wallace! We need more than the open for TDs thing, bro. Yep. Can you grow 2 inches and put on about 25 lbs?"

NO QB HITS THOSE THROWS IN STRIDE ANYWHERE NEAR 100% OF THE TIME. ALL OF THEM UNDER THROW A LARGE PORTION OF THE DEEP BALLS.

Why? Because it is exceedingly difficult to be perfect and an under throw is much preferred to an over throw.

This is like a hitter saying I could have had hundreds of more hits if I had only batted 1.000. Stupid, stupid, stupid comment. He could have had 5 or 6 more but not 15 more.

NO QB HITS THOSE THROWS IN STRIDE ANYWHERE NEAR 100% OF THE TIME. ALL OF THEM UNDER THROW A LARGE PORTION OF THE DEEP BALLS.

Why? Because it is exceedingly difficult to be perfect and an under throw is much preferred to an over throw.

This is like a hitter saying I could have had hundreds of more hits if I had only batted 1.000. Stupid, stupid, stupid comment. He could have had 5 or 6 more but not 15 more.

but almost all of them hit at a higher rate then RT.

When only 8 out of 36 deep passes are deemed catchable to a receiver the problem clearly lies with the QB. I have and will continue to be a Tanny supporter but if his deep ball does not improve by a large amount he will be done in this league. 8 of 36 being catchable is horrid.

Tannehill was not able to get the ball out on time because of poor pass protection in a lot of those missed opportunities.
Still, Tannehill flat out missed Wallace to many times.

Back
Top Bottom