Mike Zimmer Will Get an Interview per Jay Glazer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Zimmer Will Get an Interview per Jay Glazer

i think he's another guy meant to be a coordinator...nothing against him just what i think...and his bengals d's to my recollection have always been up and down...

i think he's a solid coordinator but another guy we're looking at in over his head as a hc...

just out of curiosity amigo, what coordinators do you think have HC potential?

I just want our next coach not throwing fist pumps after every field goal and acting like we just won the frickin Superbowl. You never saw Tom Landry or Don Shula throwing fist pumps like that. Act like it's no big deal and you've been there before!!!!

just out of curiosity amigo, what coordinators do you think have HC potential?

i would want someone if i'm goin the coordinator route with a fresh offensive mind...i'd be bringin in chud and carmichael...but you know those guys also may be products of their qbs...have to give chud credit for adapting to cam newtons strengths though...not making him be something he's not

i think if you hit goin that route you could hit big but really whoever we bring in here unproven unless we get them a high end qb to work with its probably gonna be an uphill climb...

i would want someone if i'm goin the coordinator route with a fresh offensive mind...i'd be bringin in chud and carmichael...but you know those guys also may be products of their qbs...have to give chud credit for adapting to cam newtons strengths though...not making him be something he's not

i think if you hit goin that route you could hit big but really whoever we bring in here unproven unless we get them a high end qb to work with its probably gonna be an uphill climb...

So, your only qualification for being a head coach is to be a fresh, offensive mind?

I'd love to be able to pull up all the comments that were made about Cam Cameron when we hired him and about how we should hire an offensive minded coach instead of a defensive minded coach.

Fully expect that you are going to crap all over anyone they interview. Who do you want super genius?

Yes it is much better to run around saying hire everyone like you do. I already told you Chud he has a great track record developing QBs hell he puts Derek Anderson in the pro bowl. He would also install a offense that competes today. Philbin is intriguing even though he doesnt call the plays Carmicheal Jr showed when Payton was gone those guys know their system. Zimmer was on the hot seat last year and was saved by Lewis demanding control. Toub being with the same HC for a long time and never getting promoted raises huge red flags, it is a risk this franchisel can't take. Fisher is way overrated and not worth the money ord drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, your only qualification for being a head coach is to be a fresh, offensive mind?

I'd love to be able to pull up all the comments that were made about Cam Cameron when we hired him and about how we should hire an offensive minded coach instead of a defensive minded coach.

i wasn't in the cam cameron camp either...i could see that crap burger season coming a mile away...especially when we brought in scrambled eggs trent green on his last legs...

anyways no i'm not sayin they HAVE to be anything...i would just like someone with a go for the throat offensive mentaility...if we'[re gonna the coordinator route...i will say though i like the idea of zimmer more than mularkey more than gregg williams more than eric mangini more than all these other retread names i'm seein...but i still think we come up on the short end

This is true. The case really is about the coaching search that none of us really have any idea which coordinator would make a good head coach. Unless it's the case of a guy like Wade Phillips or Norv Turner, and the have already failed as a HC, the best idea that any of us have about these guys are educated guesses. I like Philbin and Chud, but would I be shocked if the failed miserably? Absolutely not, you never really know.

Yes it is much better to run around saying hire everyone like you do. I already told you Chud he has a great track record developing QBs hell he puts Derek Anderson in the pro bowl. He would also install a offense that competes today. Philbin is intriguing even though he doesnt call the plays Carmicheal Jr showed when Payton was gone those guys know their system. Zimmer was on the hotel seat last year and was saved by Lewis demanding control. Toub being with the same HC for a long time and never getting promoted raises huge red flags, it is a risk this franchisel can't take. Fisher is way overrated and not worth the money ord drama.

So, Mike Zimmer was on the hot seat last year? And Mike McCarthy's offense in SF was 32nd in the league. Sean Payton had his play calling duties stripped from him when he was with the Giants. How did that effect their ability to be a head coach?

Have you seen the players that Mike Zimmer has been getting production from this year? He doesn't have a single star player on that defense, and they fielded one of the top units in the NFL.

Yes it is much better to run around saying hire everyone like you do. I already told you Chud he has a great track record developing QBs hell he puts Derek Anderson in the pro bowl. He would also install a offense that competes today. Philbin is intriguing even though he doesnt call the plays Carmicheal Jr showed when Payton was gone those guys know their system. Zimmer was on the hotel seat last year and was saved by Lewis demanding control. Toub being with the same HC for a long time and never getting promoted raises huge red flags, it is a risk this franchisel can't take. Fisher is way overrated and not worth the money ord drama.

I do not know what the hotel seat is, but Mike Zimmer is not only great defensive mind, but known as a tremendous leader.

Chudzinski has done nice work, but I am not sure he is ready to lead a NFL team just yet.

I think some of you guys want to hire an offensive coordinator as a HC. That is SO unwise. You need to vet whether or not he can lead a team. Find out can he organize. Motivate. Whom did he work for in the past and what responsibilities did he have on that team?

So, Mike Zimmer was on the hot seat last year? And Mike McCarthy's offense in SF was 32nd in the league. Sean Payton had his play calling duties stripped from him when he was with the Giants. How did that effect their ability to be a head coach?

Have you seen the players that Mike Zimmer has been getting production from this year? He doesn't have a single star player on that defense, and they fielded one of the top units in the NFL.

And all those guys you mentioned moved on and excelled before getting the HC nod. The most important two qualities should leader off men and a guy with a proven track record developing qbs! We need a franchise qb and we cant afford to draft one high and run him through the ringer like Alex.Smith was.

there's some real talent on that bengals d...but not a superstar...i'll agree with that...the only superstar on that roster is aj green...

Back
Top Bottom