Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
How often do I have to say this: nobody gives a hoot what Minka wants. The entire success of the Patriots franchise is based on exchangeable ind interchangeable players. Versatility and wilingness to work on weaknesses is everything. Flores grew up in that system. He wants to try to emulate it. Wiil it work? We don't know yet. But it sure won't work with divas who are not willing to put the work in. Either Minka sucks it up and buys into that philosophy or he can go.

We're gonna be having a lot of guys going and not nearly enough staying.

Minkah is versatile. We can play him a few different roles and he can do it well. But you can't ask the kid to be a linebacker or play on the line.

If I'm minkah and weigh 205 I'm telling them no thanks at playing LB too. Kid has a career.

Last edited:
How in the world do you suck the love of the game out of a total team player like Minkah? I’m at a total loss with this team’s direction right now. How much longer is Ross going to sit by and watch this? We have chased every talented player, not named X, off the team, we have 18 undrafted players and are starting guys that have been on roster for less than two weeks at multiple positions. This is a total embarrassment.

Last edited:
That sounds great and all but at some point you need to actually keep and develop young talent.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Minkah to feel like it's unfair he has to play every position. You're playing with a young player's career. One you should be interested in developing and building around. He played damn near every position but DT week one. Maybe they'll try that this week. How's he supposed to reach his potential?
It is unreasonable for Minka. He is living the dream many young athletes will never reach: playing for an NFL team. He does not have the pedigree yet to demand anything. If a new coach says: I want you to play here then he should do everything he can to play that position. If he tries his hardest and it does not work out - fine. But he is bitching and moaning all offseason long which definitely affects his attitude thus affecting his play. He does not even give a new system a chance because he feels entitled.

Minkah is versatile. We can play him a few different roles and he can do it well. Bit you can ask the kids to be a linebacker or play on the line.

If I'm minkah and weigh 205 I'm telling them no thanks at playing LB too. Kid has a career.

That lb play ask was probably specific to all those heavy tight end sets that the ravens run. Having another guy in the box. Less than ideal obviously but probably very much opponent specific.

Got to love when teams tell miami the price is too high.

That price it too damn high cause you clowns made him a slot corner.

There’s no team in tbe league that would pay you a top 25 even draft return value on a slot.

Give me a hot take, Will Minkah ever make the pro bowl in his career ?

Give me a hot take, Will Minkah ever make the pro bowl in his career ?

Not as a slot corner. Name me one that has. His best bet for that would be full time free safety. Boundary hes not as twitchy as some of the other options or as athletic.

He test and has the measurables of a Malcolm Jenkins. I think that ask would be his best just with more carry coverage and line up over the slot in some sets.

Or in a pats like scheme Devin mccourty.

Minkah is versatile. We can play him a few different roles and he can do it well. Bit you can ask the kids to be a linebacker or play on the line.

In the Patriots system playing the LB position for someone like Minka is not new. It is not like they want to convert him to LB. But based on the opponents offense it might be a requirement. Minka does not want to do it? Fine. Go away.

Not as a slot corner. Name me one that has. His best bet for that would be full time free safety. Boundary hes not as twitchy as some of the other options or as athletic.

He test and has the measurables of a Malcolm Jenkins. I think that ask would be his best just with more carry coverage and line up over the slot in some sets.

Or in a pats like scheme Devin mccourty.

Agreed, I like the Jenkins comparison.

Agreed, I like the Jenkins comparison.

He’s faster than Jenkins but I think Jenkins is a better tackler in terms of consistency. Which is another reason I don’t want the kid playing no damn strong safety nonsense. He’s like 208 lbs or something.

You want a box enforcer type that’s not minkah. So don’t ask it. I’m sure he doesn’t even like being the 2 deep strong. But they got a bunch of guys that can’t tackle at safety and a guy that’s lost in Aiken’s.

If the staffs choosing Bobby mccain over minkah then I really question their football iq. Mccain must be a yes man in that building that’s all I know.

We are really committing ourselves to this coaching staff by completely gutting the team. Rams didn’t have to do that when Sean came in..
Minka wants to go. He asked for a trade. Why would any coaching staff keep a player here who does not want to put the work in, dedicate himself to the system and the team and does not want to be here. That player becomes a liability. If I am Flores I would not even put him into the line up anymore.

Back
Top Bottom