Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
Typical of this forum and it's mood swings. Very few posters or fans wanted Lamar Jackson but he has a good game against our weak team and we failed in not drafting him because an unverified article says Ross may have wanted him.

Let's see how he does against real defenses before we assign Ross owner and GM.

Except the issue at the beginning of the article is Ross wanted to acquire more draft capital instead of drafting Minkah. Armando then goes on to hypothesize the guy Ross was rumored to want smoking him cannot sit well with Ross.

So the defense starting numerous Chris Grier draft picks (Xavien Howard, Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, Godchaux, Minkah, and Jerome Baker) isn't a "real defense", that's certainly interesting.

im not gonna say we were wrong on Lamar Jackson, we wont know that for a couple weeks. LJ going off against the fins says nothing. if we were really embracing the tank early on though, we should've taken the Wilkens trade with philly, but hoping that is a win for us when we are ready to compete.

Oh please.
Mando is still peeved that Tannehill is gone and we picked up Rosen. That article is worth as much as a piece of toilet paper after I wiped my ***.

Ross was all in on Tannehill until the end of last year. You have the "next Marino" (Ross in 2012) 'take the team to the playoffs' with the QB whisperer and guru Gase at the helm and the following year Tannehill is out with an injury and Ross says: Yeah, get me a new QB.
BS.

They couldn't even get a backup better than Osweiler because nobody wanted to hurt Tannehill's feelings or have a possible QB controversy. Not Ross. Not Grier. Not Tannenbaum. Not Gase.

And if Grier was so wrong and Ross so right why would Ross keep Grier as the GM?

Mando is a piece of **** hack.
Bull. It was reported at the time of the draft last year that Ross wanted to trade down but Grier overruled him. The story rings true. Grier is horrible. I hope Ross wakes up and fires him before he pisses away all that valuable draft capital the team has accumulated. Ross should have cleaned house when he fired Gase, but he half-assed it again.

Yeah but if you're Ross and this is the guy you wanted - just watched him annihilate you by 50 points - and bomb the kid to death for TD's the GM told you he was drafting so just go ahead and fire me - it don't look good. Nevermind Rosen and all the other QB gaffes under this guy's watch... Mahomes, Watson, etc.

Fear the Grier. No, really.

You are clearly one of the more/most informed draft watchers here and I love your insight into the draft, but I find it hard to blame Grier too much for missing on Mahomes (although, it does hurt). If he was truly a generational talent as he's looking like today, then you have to come down even harder on the 9 GMs that passed on him even more so than Grier. The only teams that would legitimately have an excuse for not going after a generational level talent at QB are Greenbay and the Pats.

I’ll tell you a fun little exercise Ross needs to do - he needs to put all the prospects names into a hat that were available between Miami picks and just randomly draw names out for every pick Miami had.

Do it over and over again and compare it to the picks his GM made. I think he’d be surprised at the outcome.

With rare exception, wouldn't every GM in the league end up embalmed after that exercise ?

I’m far from being ready to be sold on Jackson. However I can’t see how you wouldn’t be skeptical about Grier since he’s been a part of this process, that has been pretty bad, for a very long time. Ross has never fired everyone he always retains certain people. The place probably needs a full enema but I hope we don’t have to wait that long.

As far as Minkah goes. I sure hope he does a better job at whatever role he has this week than he did in whatever role he had last week. He supposed to be one of our better football players and we need him to be. I think we’re all going to see soon that captain McCain should be out of the league lol.

They're making Mikah a jack of all trades, master of none.

Back
Top Bottom